Broncos to trade Case Keenum to Redskins

BroncoSojia

It is what it is. I totally get them not wanting to trade for Rosen, What is the worst that can happen? They suck and then draft Tua?  Start rebuilding the team. Get some play makers and keep it moving. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

yeah, just shows how irresponsible the media can be. 

If you knew nothing about the situation and just read that tweet, you'd think Washington is only going to pay him 3.5 million, which would obviously be amazing. Instead they are paying him 14 million. big difference.

who cares who pays what portion of the guaranteed money? They aren't going to cut him so it might as well all be guaranteed. 

The broncos only eat 4 million (or 3.5 million) and rid themselves of a bad contract

I understood that keenum reworked his deal as part of the trade and the skins won't pay him what he was originally due besides the broncos chipping in.   But at least for the broncos they are only stuck with 7mill of dead cap.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

And that's why this feels like a "stay one step ahead of the ax-man" move from Brice. If they wanted to tank, they would have rolled with McCoy and Josh Johnson. Going for Keenum in theory has a chance of keeping the franchise out of the cellar (and thus not costing Allen his job).

Well yeah, people have jobs so they won't tank. This is a bad move for the franchise though. If I'm Allen I would have rolled the dice on a trade for Rosen. Maybe you still survive. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

no offense at all @Woz but the washington roster is pretty weak right?
Winning a few extra games doesnt seem like it will help the skins content for the playoffs anytime soon.

The Redskins GM and HC are trying to save their jobs.  Its a pathetic last ditch effort to try to win a few more games next year when clearly our ceiling is probably 8 games.  

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Shouldn't Washington be drafting a QBOTF. Can't imagine Smith or Keenum are good starting options one year from now.

Keenum most likely duds out and Gruden and the GM get fired. If that happebs id imagine the new regime likely will after this year.

32 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Redskins GM and HC are trying to save their jobs.  Its a pathetic last ditch effort to try to win a few more games next year when clearly our ceiling is probably 8 games.  

Tough division also.

As browns fans we ahvent generally enjoyed the frustrating averagness of the skins. 

I like Jay gruden, hope you all can get a good team together 

5 hours ago, blizofoz45 said:

The GM and ownership's job is to field as competitive a team as they can for the fans.  Keenum is a generic QB but he's better than anybody else they trotted out last year, Smith included.

It's really not a win for Denver since Flacco is no better statistically than the YOUNGER player they just traded away. 

Elway used to give the AFC hell, now he's stuck in QB hell.  

(In buttheads voice) Uhhhh....What

7 hours ago, KOTN-93 said:

Keenum most likely duds out and Gruden and the GM get fired. If that happebs id imagine the new regime likely will after this year.

Redskins fans would trade another whole draft for rg3 if it got their GM fired.

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

no offense at all @Woz but the washington roster is pretty weak right?
Winning a few extra games doesnt seem like it will help the skins content for the playoffs anytime soon.

I mean, they did start a hopeful 6-3 with Alex Smith playing medicore-at-best at QB. Wasn't until Smith got injured (and then Colt McCoy soon thereafter) and the downward spiral of truly laughable QBs did the Redskins look like they were trash.

The team has a pretty darn good OL and a talented defense.

Archived