Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th pick

agarcia34

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I hope We keep him for his 2nd year on his contract and bring in a WR and TE. That would be best. Jordy is still a pretty good player.

Yeah I’d much rather cut Seth and his 4.6 mil than I would Jordy.  Now if we can just get Carr to look downfield.

• Like 1

Per Rotoworld

Not only has Brown been traded, he has secured a new contract. Per Profootballtalk, Brown's total compensation for the next three years has increased from $38.925 million to $50.125 million, while his guaranteed money has gone from $0 to $30.125 million. In other words, he has done exceptionally well for himself. As for the Raiders, they cried poor with Khalil Mack and bailed on Amari Cooper but have decided to pay Brown. Coach Jon Gruden continues to oscillate between reload and rebuild. At some point, a coherent plan will need to formulate. The wisdom can be questioned, but there is little reason to believe 31-year-old Brown will remain anything other than one of the best players in the league in 2019. The trade compensation is hardly odious. Brown's problem will be his severe downgrade at quarterback. He will probably reach 1,200 yards for the seventh consecutive season, but Derek Carr won't make it easy.

I really like this trade, especially considering what we gave up last year for Martavis this is great. I saw the deal also includes a new contract, so I hope it's not so much that we are neutered in FA, but regardless I'm very happy. Brown, to me, seems like a great fit for Gruden.

Traded away two draft picks in the most important draft in franchise history for a 31-year-old WR? And we're going to give him $50M over the next 3 years when we wouldn't pay Khalil Mack? How much cap space do we even have left for free agency? Building around old veterans isn't exactly a recipe for success when the rest of your team is terrible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Traded away two draft picks in the most important draft in franchise history for a 31-year-old WR? And we're going to give him $50M over the next 3 years when we wouldn't pay Khalil Mack? How much cap space do we even have left for free agency? Building around old veterans isn't exactly a recipe for success when the rest of your team is terrible.

Raiders needed a marketable Player for Vegas. Currently we have none except for Brown now

52 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

This makes the Martavis Bryant trade look worse btw lol

Lol win some, lose some. 

Great deal for you guys even if he is a diva. This could totally bust for you guys and that compensation is still totally worth it

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Had we traded any of our 1sts or our 2nd I would agree.  Very good return for a 3rd and 5th.  We don’t have many players on the team we need to pay right now either.  We cut Penn and Roberts and that adds about $10 million.  So we would have around $54 mil.