Cheifs close to deal with S Tyrann Mathieu 3 years 42 million

49erurtaza

Just now, coors said:

Been a fan of Honey Badger since his days at LSU.

What is Eric Berrys contract status? 

He can be cut post June 1 and we can save 10M basically.

It's probably going to be done once we resign Chris Jones or Tyreek, if he doesn't retire

6 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Too much money for my liking but it just seems like you pay or you lose. At least it is a short deal.

Honestly, given what safeties have gotten so far, it's not terrible. The safety market just made a crazy turn around this year, is all (and honestly, it really should have) 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's your predictions on these two extensions?

I think both get done, but if Ford stays this year (and I haven't read anything thus far) it might be tough to do them both this year. Really depends on what we're doing the rest of FA and how Mathieu contract is structured (with a 3yr deal, I'm assuming it can't be too backloaded)

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

I think both get done, but if Ford stays this year (and I haven't read anything thus far) it might be tough to do them both this year. Really depends on what we're doing the rest of FA and how Mathieu contract is structured (with a 3yr deal, I'm assuming it can't be too backloaded)

Last year of their contracts?

12 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

He can be cut post June 1 and we can save 10M basically.

It's probably going to be done once we resign Chris Jones or Tyreek, if he doesn't retire

Should all be figured out 3/15.  If he fails the physical only his SB will be left as Dead Money.

Archived