2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

Reds/Giants game is on TV today, delayed because of bees so some excitement there to kick off the week. 

the giants probably wish it would have been delayed a little longer considering the reds got 5 runs in the first inning

2 hours ago, N4L said:

the giants probably wish it would have been delayed a little longer considering the reds got 5 runs in the first inning

But then we may not have this fun factoid: 

8 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

So glad the Indians traded Yandy Diaz for Jake Bauers.  Definitely don't need a good RH bat in this lineup. 

The Edwin trade is also looking outstanding.

It's honestly baffling to see how this team is struggling. I mean, just because Paul Dolan came out and said "Enjoy him while you can" about Lindor, basked in the glory of intentionally refusing to pay superstars, and dumping over $20 million of salary this year, all while "competing for a World Series"...it's strange to see why they don't look like contenders. Pay no attention to the woeful offensive output not seen since 1910, it must be an outlier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The Edwin trade is also looking outstanding.

It's honestly baffling to see how this team is struggling. I mean, just because Paul Dolan came out and said "Enjoy him while you can" about Lindor, basked in the glory of intentionally refusing to pay superstars, and dumping over $20 million of salary this year, all while "competing for a World Series"...it's strange to see why they don't look like contenders. Pay no attention to the woeful offensive output not seen since 1910, it must be an outlier.

Team wRC+ is 67.  Rotation, bullpen, and defense is all top 5 in baseball right now while the offense is 29th.  Ramirez should come around but there really isn't anyone else that's under performing by a lot.  The offense just sucks outside of 3 players. 

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

Team wRC+ is 67.  Rotation, bullpen, and defense is all top 5 in baseball right now while the offense is 29th.  Ramirez should come around but there really isn't anyone else that's under performing by a lot.  The offense just sucks outside of 3 players. 

Hence my comment to end what I said above:

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Pay no attention to the woeful offensive output not seen since 1910, it must be an outlier.

But, it's pretty obvious to everyone that we KNEW that it would be awful outside of those 3-5 players. They need 2-3 more bats in the lineup to even smell contention. No one questions the horses. I question the AA and AAA level bats in the lineup.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hence my comment to end what I said above:

But, it's pretty obvious to everyone that we KNEW that it would be awful outside of those 3-5 players. They need 2-3 more bats in the lineup to even smell contention. No one questions the horses. I question the AA and AAA level bats in the lineup.

Agreed with everything you're saying, it's just a shame they're pretty much punting away our last year(s) with Lindor.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Agreed with everything you're saying, it's just a shame they're pretty much punting away our last year(s) with Lindor.  

Splitting the difference on blowing it up/rebuild/contending is a horrific idea. They need to either nuke it and rebuild or make a run. It's egregious. 

• Like 2