2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

Mitch Moreland is gonna be getting a kit with a little plastic cup in his locker every few days this year, if he isn't already.

Talking about a guy with a career high of 23 HR and a AB/HR rate of 23.2 entering the season. This year, at age 33, he's suddenly going yard every 9.5 at bats? Can't help but feel a little suspicious.

Edited by Starless

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

If I'm a contender and reach a deal, I offer him exactly 0 extra compensation.

He obviously doesn't want to be traded. 

I don't think he is a guy that is super motivated by money. He is fine with playing out his deal this year. 

10 minutes ago, N4L said:

I don't think he is a guy that is super motivated by money. He is fine with playing out his deal this year. 

Not necessarily. He picked the teams most likely to trade for him either because he wants to stay or because he wants leverage.

Christian Yelich At Home in 2019:

.406/.524/1.141 (300 wRC+); 20.7% walk rate, 13.4% strikeout rate, 57.7% HR/FB

Christian Yelich on the Road in 2019:

.296/.377/.389 (103 wRC+); 9.8% walk rate, 23.0% strikeout rate, 9.1% HR/FB

18 hours ago, N4L said:

It could be that, also may not be. Getting traded is also likely in his best interest contractually. If he's not traded, the Giants will undoubtedly extend him a qualifying offer, and by doing so, could significantly impact his signability next off season. If he's traded midseason, he can't be given a qualifying offer. All this particular set of teams does is really allow for him to choose his destination if the team decides to move on and he's open to being traded. It's probably more of a leverage play than anything.