The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's bottom 5 generously.

Crazy because I thought we were going to have a top 5/10 unit before the whole AB thing blew up.

1. AB - Elite #1
  2. Tyrell - High end #2
  3. Ryan Grant - Had a down season but had slot experience
  4. JJ Nelson - A true burner which we needed
  5. Renfrow - Potential slot guy

Boy was I wrong...

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Crazy because I thought we were going to have a top 5/10 unit before the whole AB thing blew up.

1. AB - Elite #1
  2. Tyrell - High end #2

Boy was I wrong...

So were Gruden and Mayock. Grant hasn't logged a stat since he left. JJ Nelson doesn't have a job. AB is....well you know his deal by now. McClaurin would have been a nice shot in the arm but I'm not sure we would be set at WR still. Hopefully Zay or Doss can be a WR4 next year and we land Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

1. AB - Elite #1
  2. Tyrell - High end #2

Boy was I wrong...

It's ok. We'll be younger next year and will acquire a bonafide stud in the 1st round. I'm not worried. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's ok. We'll be younger next year and will acquire a bonafide stud in the 1st round. I'm not worried. 

I've been so against a WR in round 1 because of how staked and deep this class is, but seeing how our O crumbles as soon as Jacobs is bottled up scares me. I like Tyrell but he is never going to be a true #1 dude imo. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I like Tyrell but he is never going to be a true #1 dude imo. 

You're right, he won't. He never was and he doesn't have the skillset to be one. He's not even a great #2. He's a field stretcher who can have a big game here and there.

17 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

You're right, he won't. He never was and he doesn't have the skillset to be one. He's not even a great #2. He's a field stretcher who can have a big game here and there.

Agreed. He’s not a bad #2 but not a great #2. He’s a Mid Range #2 WR, that’s what he was in LA. Still a very good player and worth his contract though imo. There were many Raider fans hyping him up as a true #1 WR though, and it was like the 3-4 that go bonkers for Carr ironically...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Did you see the replies quoting him on saying Wins are not a QB Stat? I lost it after reading that lol. Also, what is it with JDR? He cannot stop talking about us whenever he gets the chance. I really don't like that guy. Its like Rod Woodson all over again

Del Rio hates us. And posting that seems like maybe Carr and him had a falling out recently. 

Talked about it in the game day thread the last 2 weeks about Carr forcing it to Hunter in 3rd down. Watch this play where Hunter takes the hit. Watch the CB jumps Hunter's route as Carr's eyes are staring him down.  He has Zay wide open past the sticks. 

This frustrates me with Carr at times. He locks in certain targets in certain situations. Teams have gotten keen on him looking for Renfro on 3rd down. He leads right into a hit here. And threw a pick against Cincy last week trying to force it.