The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I see we've reached the stage 2 of our post loss grief cycle here... the dreaded "worst in the league" stage. 

This is the stage where we call every unit on the team "the worst in the league". Symptoms include hardcore whining. Extreme hot takes and inevitable "I'll take that guy over anyone one at that position on this team in a heartbeat". 

Next up... Stage 3, acceptance. This is where a fellow poster will post a new game day thread and we all debate this Sunday's game. Everyone is excited for a new opportunity to see their team play. 

Where does our WR core rank?

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

I was excited for an opportunity to see another game by the end of last week's 2nd quarter. Because it can't be worse, right?

It was a bad game where the whole team came in flat and wasn’t ready to play. They got punched in the mouth and didn’t know how to respond. It’s a young team playing a 1pm game on the east coast in the rain. What we need is a to make this a learning experience and nothing more. I just don’t like that Carr is taking the brunt of the blame.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I just don’t like that Carr is taking the brunt of the blame.

Same here. You can't change or form your opinion about anyone based on the Jets game. It was straight trash from everybody involved. But they've played 10 games before that and it was very different.

• Like 2

You gotta love grudens responses to media questions. He's right. How are we really supposed to prepare our team for cold and snow in a dry and warm environment? There isn't a whole lot that can be done. Maybe it can be simulated when they move to Vegas and have indoor facilities, but they would still be difficult. 

Favre was a guy that thrived in the elements that played in Green Bay. Carr grew up in Bakersfield and Houston. He probably didn't even see snow until college and even then it was probably only once or twice a year. It's a little concerning, but it's kind of ridiculous to expect him to thrive in those environments when he has such little exposure to them.

3 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

You gotta love grudens responses to media questions. He's right. How are we really supposed to prepare our team for cold and snow in a dry and warm environment? There isn't a whole lot that can be done. Maybe it can be simulated when they move to Vegas and have indoor facilities, but they would still be difficult. 

Favre was a guy that thrived in the elements that played in Green Bay. Carr grew up in Bakersfield and Houston. He probably didn't even see snow until college and even then it was probably only once or twice a year. It's a little concerning, but it's kind of ridiculous to expect him to thrive in those environments when he has such little exposure to them.

We aren’t expecting Favre numbers for Carr in cold weather. Just be average or slightly below average. He’s been terrible in cold weather throughout his career. He’s absolutely one if, if not the, worst cold weather QB in the league. 

He can do a lot to help his case this week with a great performance in Kansas City. It’s gonna be freezing. 

44 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Same here. You can't change or form your opinion about anyone based on the Jets game. It was straight trash from everybody involved. But they've played 10 games before that and it was very different.

Agreed, that's why I said to burn the tape. I know its virtue of being a QB but the whole team basically played like crap. Team was clearly not ready to go -- I'd say the receivers were the worst of all. There was a clip of him in an interview on Twitter glaring at a reporter who implied he got benched. He told them "I got pulled but not for the reasons you're trying to make it seem".  He's the biggest punching bag we have. Last year it was Gruden then him. That's changed now, despite having a good year. He's not infallible but there are times where he gets more of the blame than he should. I wanna see Angry DC next week. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Meh it’s a weak excuse. And it’s not like Oakland is in the desert or anything. I mean it was like 40 degrees, at some point you gotta push past that. 

The weather wasn’t  the problem, the poor personnel and in ability to adjust was.