Browns RB Duke Johnson requests trade

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Heard the Jets are in on him as well.  Would be a hell of a 1-2 punch with Bell.  Both Bell and Duke are like WR's and would be matchup nightmares for defenses.

Consider me very interested in making that happen.

Don't  actually  understand the fit with NY because  there is Zero reason  outside of Injury to ever NOT have Bell on the field for 3rd downs?

Not unless the plan is for one to motion to or play the slot?

4 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

LMAO AT PEOPLE WHO THINK LIKE YOU....The combine is for reassurance...not what you build your board off of...idiot

The only thing that's amusing are those who think College play and statistics the best thing to gauge players' abilities in the pros.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Don't  actually  understand the fit with NY because  there is Zero reason  outside of Injury to ever NOT have Bell on the field for 3rd downs?

Not unless the plan is for one to motion to or play the slot?

Can't hurt to have another good RB behind Bell.  Plus yes I would think having 2 RB's that can catch passes would be tough to match up with on 3rd down if you were creative enough to find a way to put both on the field.

Yeah I'm not taking Bell off for Duke just using him with Bell or when Bell needs a break.  

Is he good in the slot or mostly just catching out of the backfield?

Edit: Reading through the thread, looks like he is. Someone should nab him up. Hope he lands somewhere he'll be used often. 

27 minutes ago, Dome said:

Is he good in the slot or mostly just catching out of the backfield?

Edit: Reading through the thread, looks like he is. Someone should nab him up. Hope he lands somewhere he'll be used often. 

dope in the slot and that place is Foxborough

57 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Probably not. 

I'd do like Duke and 6th for Lee or Duke and 5th for Lee and a 6th.  

I think Lee has a little more value but not much.

I can dig it...and everyone wants a sweetner......

I might disagree with your assessment of Lee vs. Johnson's value.  Duke Johnson is one of the Top 5 3rd down backs (and I would argue top 3) in the NFL. Lee is not a top 5 ILB\OLB\Nickel LB in the league at this point.

The only reason I wasn't asking for a sweetner is because Lee was a 1rst round pick and he's from OSU ;)

15 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I might disagree with your assessment of Lee vs. Johnson's value.  Duke Johnson is one of the Top 5 3rd down backs (and I would argue top 3) in the NFL. Lee is not a top 5 ILB\OLB\Nickel LB in the league at this point.

The only reason I wasn't asking for a sweetner is because Lee was a 1rst round pick and he's from OSU ;)

RB value vs LB value in a passing league for me.  It's close, yes Duke is the better player for his position but ee has more value I think because of the position.  A LB that can cover is highly sought after these days.  Duke is really good but limited in that you kind of know what he is going to do when on the field.  He isn't getting many inside runs.

Lee finally quietly had a really solid season in coverage last year as per PFF standards despite the slow start to his career.

It's close so in the real world yes that would probably be a fair trade straight up.

5 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I hear a lot of Lee to the Browns talk in a trade. The question is he even worth anything? Cant say Ive watched many Jets games to know if he is good or not. I know what type of prospect he was and player he is but I know nothing about his playing career so far in the NFL.

9 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

LMAO AT PEOPLE WHO THINK LIKE YOU....The combine is for reassurance...not what you build your board off of...idiot

You take too much offense to the opinions of unpaid internet football scouts.  Based on this snippet alone, I can only assume you are a very agitated person in your real life world.  Wow dude. 

Archived