mistakey

Carson Wentz... or this haul?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have

• Carson Wentz
    • This haul

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Overrated bc he might get hurt.

Overrated because he still has like 3 years with the eagles left. A lot can happen in 3 seasons people. The Bridgewater thing is obviously super unlikely, but until Wentz wins a SB and all of the browns players suck/bust. This isn't over.

19 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Overrated because he still has like 3 years with the eagles left. A lot can happen in 3 seasons people. The Bridgewater thing is obviously super unlikely, but until Wentz wins a SB and all of the browns players suck/bust. This isn't over.

I never said it was. Your criticism just seemed funny as it seemed like that was all there was to it.

Now that you've expounded I agree that the discussion isn't over yet.

It's starting to look like it favors the Eagles, but we are only a handful of games into his 2nd season.

Early in the season I was very critical of Carson and his passing (mainly of the deep variety). Ask any Eagles fan I was probably the most critical of him and unsure if he was going to turn into a franchise QB, but he has improved as the season has went on and shows the promise to be that guy which is all we can ask for at this point.

Hopefully the Browns haul turns out to be great and they find their franchise QB whether its Kizer or somebody else.

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Wentz got 3TD's and Kizer got a ballcap on. I think we are done here. 

and now for my next trick the one game sample size

ben threw a quintuple set of picks and the bort only threw one, guess pittsburgh should have drafted the bort when he was available and dumped ben to the curb

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Imma say it loud for the haters in the back 

CARSON 

WENTZ 

IS

FRANCHISE 

QB

PERIOD

END

OF

DISCUSSION

"I'M PROVING MY OPINION BY SAYING IT LOUDER THAN PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME"

12 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

and now for my next trick the one game sample size

ben threw a quintuple set of picks and the bort only threw one, guess pittsburgh should have drafted the bort when he was available and dumped ben to the curb

"I'M PROVING MY OPINION BY SAYING IT LOUDER THAN PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME"

Me waiting on this "haul" to win a game giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

My question is this:

Does anyone believe that the Browns would still do this trade if they knew what we know right now? Do you really think they would pass on Wentz knowing that he would look like this 5 games into his second season? 

No, but there's no guarantee that Carson Wentz would have developed like he has with the Eagles.  In fact, I'd be willing to bet we'd be having the discussion about how the Browns were idiots for not trading down.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

No, but there's no guarantee that Carson Wentz would have developed like he has with the Eagles.  In fact, I'd be willing to bet we'd be having the discussion about how the Browns were idiots for not trading down.

Fair enough, I can't really argue against the "both teams won the trade" argument which I believe is what you are alluding to.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No we wouldn't, drafting a potential franchise QB is simply following the Golden Rule which has been around since the 50's, maybe even earlier. Otherwise Indy would have passed on Peyton, the Giants on Eli, Carolina on Newton, Atlanta on Ryan, Tennessee on Mariota, Tampa Bay on Winston, the Rams on Goff, Detroit on Stafford and of course Philly on Wentz. Those QB's were drafted by teams that finished with a top 3 pick and were hardly solid franchises when they picked them. Once you have your franchise QB, then teams can worry about building an offense around him, That is how it is done, not the other way around.

9 hours ago, Danger said:

If I'm being real. I feel like just about any player or coach that goes to Cleveland is going to do worse there than anywhere else. I mean hell even Bill Bellichik couldn't win there. It's just an abyss for talent.

Belichick had the team in the playoffs and going in the right direction before the relocation destroyed the morale of the team

10 hours ago, Danger said:

If I'm being real. I feel like just about any player or coach that goes to Cleveland is going to do worse there than anywhere else. I mean hell even Bill Bellichik couldn't win there. It's just an abyss for talent.

What are you talking about? The last playoff win the Browns had was under BB in 1994. Almost all Browns fans loved him then and some still do. Then they announced the move in 1995, the team gave up due to morale, and relocated to Baltimore. The Ravens then fired BB.

13 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

My question is this:

Does anyone believe that the Browns would still do this trade if they knew what we know right now? Do you really think they would pass on Wentz knowing that he would look like this 5 games into his second season? 

Yeah I think they absolutely would do the trade still. They still have another high draft pick or 2 (to lazy to look it up) from the trade, and if we are doing the "what if" game, they would likely have just taken Deshaun Watson this year, and still had several other picks from the trade

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah I think they absolutely would do the trade still. They still have another high draft pick or 2 (to lazy to look it up) from the trade, and if we are doing the "what if" game, they would likely have just taken Deshaun Watson this year, and still had several other picks from the trade

Anyone who says this^^^^^ is either a deluded Browns fan or simply joking. 

I mean come on. You SERIOUSLY think the Browns pass on Wentz if they LITERALLY had insight into exactly how good hed be 20 games into his NFL career????? 

No they wouldn't pass on him. There's no other answer. Their basis for passing on him was that they didn't think hed be a top 20 QB (which ..lol). And he's done everything to prove them wrong. There's a reason opponents keep praising the kid before and after games. And it's not like they're doing that every week for whoever they play. Bruce Arians knew how great Carson is coming into the game even. Patrick Peterson gave him more praise than I've seen him do for any opposing QB before.

But yeah man. The Browns would totally go back and do the same trade again if they had the foresight to see 20 games into his career. Keep telling yourself that. 

Archived