1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Gary needs a spin move bad, I've seen plenty of tackles overset to keep in line with him. He just runs himself out of plays sticking with the bullrush. 

Prediction. Gary has a sack on a spin move Sunday night

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

Prediction. Gary has a sack on a spin move Sunday night

Not til after the bye week. He's going to need 2 weeks of practice for that one! Week 1 he'll be practicing in the mirror because LaFleur is giving them the week off because they are 9-1. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

8oUzBXk.gif

That's most of his reps.

His legs are trying to turn the corner.

His arms are trying to bullrush.

His hands are throwing first (this is bad).

@AlexGreen#20 What are your thoughts on Adams here?  Wish he would have come off the line with more quickness and gotten into the OG .  He moves the OG back 2 yards pretty easy there.  It just took him 3-4 steps to get to that point and deliver a blow

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He did, but Moore also ran out of the pocket.It's not like Gary beat anybody

On Z. Smith's second sack, Gary knocked the LT back like three feet and he didn't even use his hands.  Like, they just legit got in his way, it was like a little kid playing no arms tag.  Imagine if he ever learns that you can place those appendages on the opposing player and use them to manipulate him too!

22 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

On Z. Smith's second sack, Gary knocked the LT back like three feet and he didn't even use his hands.  Like, they just legit got in his way, it was like a little kid playing no arms tag.  Imagine if he ever learns that you can place those appendages on the opposing player and use them to manipulate him too!

I remember watching the live shot and seeing the LT fly into the picture and thinking this was probably going to be Gary's most impressive rep of the year when the film came out.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I remember watching the live shot and seeing the LT fly into the picture and thinking this was probably going to be Gary's most impressive rep of the year when the film came out.

The sad/happy thing is it was!  Easily his most impressive rep he's had in terms of the effect on the tackle, and yet from a technique standpoint it was still a disaster.  My word the man is such a physical marvel, if they could just teach him to play football he'll be unstoppable.

23 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Just rewatched this play, not seeing what you're describing.

The LT threw first and actually got up into his facemask. Gary caught the guy's elbow and lifted them up like you're supposed to.

This wasn't overwhelming physical ability, it was good hand's technique. It's good to see him figuring it out. 

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Just rewatched this play, not seeing what you're describing.

The LT threw first and actually got up into his facemask. Gary caught the guy's elbow and lifted them up like you're supposed to.

This wasn't overwhelming physical ability, it was good hand's technique. It's good to see him figuring it out. 

Excuse me sir, if you're trying to say that a less than sober me watching post-game highlights was incorrect about something, I won't hear it.  That's clearly lunacy, and I ask you to retract your statement immediately.

But seriously that's good to hear. I still haven't re-watched this one so I hadn't taken a second look, but he's shown some clear progress throughout the year and if he's starting to actually use his hands squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

2 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Excuse me sir, if you're trying to say that a less than sober me watching post-game highlights was incorrect about something, I won't hear it.  That's clearly lunacy, and I ask you to retract your statement immediately.

But seriously that's good to hear. I still haven't re-watched this one so I hadn't taken a second look, but he's shown some clear progress throughout the year and if he's starting to actually use his hands squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

EDIT: Looking at Week 1.

14 defensive snaps this week

Edited by AlexGreen#20