1[21]: Darnell Savage [S; Maryland]

CWood21

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I would argue so is failing to put together a halfway decent CB group so that your future starting safety is playing there and getting frustrated.

I would argue so is failing to give your future safety any help when he's asked to play out of position because you can't because the rest of the position is so weak.

I would argue so is failing to settle down your player when he's clearly losing it.

I would argue so is letting your veteran group push the idea of cutting a guy regardless of the circumstances.

1&2 I totally agree with. 3&4 give me a break.

#3, he's a grown *** man making millions playing football and he's not THAT good at it. If it's Aaron Rodgers, Bahk or Davante and you need him to win, sure the rules are different for those guys, pull them aside, calm then down. If you're Damarious Randall and you want to have a temper tantrum in the locker room? Get your *** off Lambeau Field.

#4 The vets opinions are more important than that of the FO to me when it comes to football character. I love that we have a council of vets and I love they have a say. When I was in college ball, we had a council of seniors and they made the rules and they decided what happened if an underclassman broke them. Never been apart of a tighter team in my life. I couldn't disagree more with your feelings on this. A locker room culture isn't made by coaches or staff, it's made by the players, a coach can help mold or shape it but he isn't going to do a damn thing if the players aren't together. If the vets want a guy out for a legit reason, bye bye. We've never had a problem before or after Damarious, not like the power was being abused.

The amount of babying on this forum for a mediocre DB continues to baffle me. Hate what Gute got back in return for him? Sure I can buy that, but Damarious needed to go.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

1&2 I totally agree with. 3&4 give me a break.

#3, he's a grown *** man making millions playing football and he's not THAT good at it. If it's Aaron Rodgers, Bahk or Davante and you need him to win, sure the rules are different for those guys, pull them aside, calm then down. If you're Damarious Randall and you want to have a temper tantrum in the locker room? Get your *** off Lambeau Field.

#4 The vets opinions are more important than that of the FO to me when it comes to football character. I love that we have a council of vets and I love they have a say. When I was in college ball, we had a council of seniors and they made the rules and they decided what happened if an underclassman broke them. Never been apart of a tighter team in my life. I couldn't disagree more with your feelings on this. A locker room culture isn't made by coaches or staff, it's made by the players, a coach can help mold or shape it but he isn't going to do a damn thing if the players aren't together. If the vets want a guy out for a legit reason, bye bye. We've never had a problem before or after Damarious, not like the power was being abused.

The amount of babying on this forum for a mediocre DB continues to baffle me. Hate what Gute got back in return for him? Sure I can buy that, but Damarious needed to go.

Agreed with #3 that he needs to be in better control of his emotions. Absolutely.

Disagree completely with #4. I can see how having a council of veterans would be helpful for a number of issues. This is not one I would want them weighing in on. This is the sort of **** that causes divides in the locker room. Our veterans are not up on the cap situation of this team. They're not kept up to date on the injury stances of every player. Bakhtiari and Rodgers should not be studying what Randall is doing on a game to game basis. College ball at a small college is not comparable to NFL where rookies are more important than many veterans.

I could see asking if they want him suspended for a game. A guy getting cut is way the hell too much. Especially a guy that they needed

Edited by AlexGreen#20

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Agreed with #3 that he needs to be in better control of his emotions. Absolutely.

Disagree completely with #4. I can see how having a council of veterans would be helpful for a number of issues. This is not one I would want them weighing in on. This is the sort of **** that causes divides in the locker room. Our veterans are not up on the cap situation of this team. They're not kept up to date on the injury stances of every player. Bakhtiari and Rodgers should not be studying what Randall is doing on a game to game basis. College ball at a small college is not comparable to NFL where rookies are more important than many veterans.

They aren't making personnel decisions based on performance, they would be making one due to extracurricular stuff. Leaving the field during a game, maybe Randall was late to the weight room repeatedly, maybe the DBs had group file studies and he was a no show, it has nothing based on actual play. That's where the opinion of a player ends and the FO begins. However if Rodgers, Bahk and Adams go to Gute and say J'Mon Moore is skipping player meetings, sneaking in after curfew, whining repeatedly about not getting the ball, not up to date on his playbook and slowing down practice, disrespectful in the locker room, etc.. and they want him off the team, so long as they have proof without a doubt, he should be gone (not saying J'Mon has ever been accused of any of that, just using him as an example). The culture of that locker room is 100% based on the attitude of those men in it, and we can't afford to have our vets slowed down babysitting those who aren't falling in line.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

They aren't making personnel decisions based on performance, they would be making one due to extracurricular stuff. Leaving the field during a game, maybe Randall was late to the weight room repeatedly, maybe the DBs had group file studies and he was a no show, it has nothing based on actual play. That's where the opinion of a player ends and the FO begins. However if Rodgers, Bahk and Adams go to Gute and say J'Mon Moore is skipping player meetings, sneaking in after curfew, whining repeatedly about not getting the ball, not up to date on his playbook and slowing down practice, disrespectful in the locker room, etc.. and they want him off the team, so long as they have proof without a doubt, he should be gone (not saying J'Mon has ever been accused of any of that, just using him as an example). The culture of that locker room is 100% based on the attitude of those men in it, and we can't afford to have our vets slowed down babysitting those who aren't falling in line.

Our coaches better not be so incompetent that these things go unnoticed.

Damarious Randall definitely heard that the veterans were trying to off him. That's how any office relationship works, even moreso among professional athletes. He then likely went and complained to the guys that were his friends on the team. Then you get a young DB group vs established veterans situation.

And our veterans should absolutely be mentoring the rookies. They're young and dumb, you need the veterans guiding them. I absolutely believe that some of our veterans think doing so is beneath them, but that certainly isn't the case.  

Or maybe Randall was the only one who wasn't the problem and Gute realized that and that's why lol 8 of 11 starters are gone from that 2017 defense.

Seriously, who is left?  I'm struggling to think of a starter other than Clark and Martinez who are holdovers from that 2017 defense.

That play that started it all, has it not been confirmed that was HaHa's fault?  I don't remember clearly, I just think it's very possible the people who wanted Randall gone were part of the problem as well.  

I just don't like this notion that majority is always right.  Randall was obviously the minority, but that doesn't mean he was in the wrong.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Or maybe Randall was the only one who wasn't the problem and Gute realized that and that's why lol 8 of 11 starters are gone from that 2017 defense.

Seriously, who is left?  I'm struggling to think of a starter other than Clark and Martinez who are holdovers from that 2017 defense.

That play that started it all, has it not been confirmed that was HaHa's fault?  I don't remember clearly, I just think it's very possible the people who wanted Randall gone were part of the problem as well.  

I just don't like this notion that majority is always right.  Randall was obviously the minority, but that doesn't mean he was in the wrong.

They were wrong too. We traded HHCD for a pick effectively 2 rounds later than what we got for Randall.

Cleaned house. Haha was ranked 17th and Randall 30th by PFF last year. We got Kizer and a 4th instead.

But they both were turds here. Now we have Amos and Savage instead. At the cost of two 4ths.

Gave: Randall, HHCD, 4th, 4th

Got: Amos, Savage

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

What would you call the scuttle that revolved around the Sitton release?

Who knows if there even was a scuttle? If there was, Sitton paid the price for it, as he should of. Could have just been a salary cap move or something Sitting said to the FO regarding not getting paid too.

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I would guess that is pretty standard turnover for poorly performing units in the NFL after 2 years. NFL has alot of turnover year-to-year in general since most everyone's contracts are 4 years or less, and financially cut-able after 3 years without much dead cap. 

Some of those other guys may have been a locker-room problem, but I wouldn't use that as evidence.

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Clark, Daniels, Martinez, King, Fackrell, Lowry.

We lost Matthews and Perry this off-season, Burnett last year, if the problem is getting older and losing their skillsets than I agree they were part of it. If you're trying to assert they weren't consummate pros in their time here, pretty sure you're off base.

HHCD is gone for the same reasons as Randall, but he clearly had far more respect from a player standpoint on the way out the door. He played soft and wasn't a fit for Pettine, neither was Randall.

The other guys like Jake Ryan, Rollins, Brice, Morrison, Wilkerson, etc were JAGs, those parts of the roster always and will continue to turnover.

Think you're really trying to stretch here.

• Like 1