Week 1 GDT: Stillers at Da Brahnz

LETSGOBROWNIES

11 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I honestly believe that there was some questionable officiating that benefited Cleveland today. That said, the Steelers were outcoached today and the Browns are trending up. Honestly, if the Steelers didn't have the best WR in the league out their on the field they would've lost today. It honestly just came down to that. See you guys later in the season in Pittsburgh. Do us a favor and beat the Ratbirds twice!

Had to register when I saw this.

What you honestly believe is bull****, because your OLine held for days, especially Nassib, your QB tackled our defender, you've had multiple dirty and late hits(nothing is new in Pittsburgh), some of them should have been called for targeting. Your win today is also courtesy of two calls that have gone the other way in the past, a weak hook on AB and ABs "catch", both penalties I assure you, wouldn't have been called on the Steelers in a crucial stage of a game.

This game was lost because of a ****up on ST and our inability to adjust to stop Antonio Brown, who was the only one who came to play. IMO, even if Gregg Williams did do enough for us to win, I still think he could have done more to stop him which would give us a chance to win, as Antonio Brown had at one point of the game, 11 rec/11 targets, which to me is a sign we are giving him far too much space.

Proud of most of the team, they put up a solid fight but this Pittsburgh team looked like they were just going through the motions, won't get a better chance to beat them.

Here is my Good, Bad, and Ugly for the Steelers:

The Good:

1. We played very competitively against the Steelers. It's good to see this young team improving from last year. It was noticeably a faster, more athletic team in almost every facet. This speaks to coaching as well and the progression of players from last year (Schobert, Kirksey, Ogbah, Nassib, and others) as well as young guys like Kizer and Peppers who so far look like they have a lot of potential.

2. Our run defense looked GREAT all day. I haven't said this since 1999. I love our Front 7, and if/when Garrett comes back healthy, this unit could be elite late in the season. We have a LOT of guys locked up long term as well, so if they stay healthy, they could be a force for the years to come.

3. Kizer in his rookie debut looked like he has some potential. He did some rookie things like take WAY too many sacks due to holding the ball too long and threw a BAD INT deep into Pittsburgh territory, but completing 66.7% of his passes and accounting for 2 TD and only 1 turnover against a solid and complex defense without any legitimate weapons on offense (save perhaps Coleman) is cause for optimism.

The Bad:

1. The secondary, specifically the CBs. We can't fix everything in one offseason, but Antonio Brown made our secondary look pretty bad, as did their TE in the Red Zone.

2. Only 1 Sack/QB hit isn't a good sign. Missing Myles hurts, but other guys need to step up on a consistent basis (Nassib looked solid yesterday).

The Ugly:

1. The running game looked horrendous. It was apparent that Pittsburgh wanted to take it away, but we need to be a running football team, especially with a rookie QB. If Crow/Dayes/Duke don't step it up (although our OL is clearly at fault for some of this too), I'm all for drafting an elite RB like Barkley next year.

2. The Punt team...getting a punt blocked and giving Pittsburgh 7 free points is inexcusable and unacceptable.

3. The obvious lack of weapons on this team offensively. Coleman looks like he's got some potential and Njoku is young and athletic, but our other WR are hot garbage. I literally still can't believe we signed Britt, gave him a ludicrous amount of guaranteed money, and actually expected him to be a legitimate #2 NFL WR. Throw in Louis and Higgins and that's not exactly promising for any rookie QB. I'm honestly worried that we won't be able to truly evaluate Kizer this year without viable weapons at his disposal, putting us in QB purgatory next year. Is Kizer good? Do we need to go another direction? etc. I'm not putting the cart before the horse here, but it's a major concern.

Really liked Kindred since last year. I thought he'd be playing free safety, but with Jabril being able to play free Kindred may be able to grow into a position that's a much better fit. 

This team is going to get better each week. 

Week 3 and on we might go on a roll. I hope Garrett is back by London 

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Glad Kindred has the numbers to back up his play. He was everywhere yesterday.

Also, Schobert was in perfect position a lot, just too inexperienced to make a play.

Schobert made a great play on that ball but we were unlucky that it ended up right into the hands of Browns. If that was the other way around, that a steelers LB tipped it, it would of been a pick lol

lots of promise tho! I think the running game is going to take some time to iron itself out because of the amount of plays out of the gun. 

6 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

This is a way too early Offseason Top Needs:

1. RB

2. WR

3. OT

4. CB

If we can get a starter quality player at each of those four positions we'll have a really good team. 

I don't know about OT. Coleman played fine for his first career start. I rather wait to make judgement on him. I would want WR/DB/RB

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don't know about OT. Coleman played fine for his first career start. I rather wait to make judgement on him. I would want WR/DB/RB

Coleman was fine, the issue is Joe is getting up there and we don't have another tackle on the roster who's good enough to play in this league.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Coleman was fine, the issue is Joe is getting up there and we don't have another tackle on the roster who's good enough to play in this league.

I'm not going to draft a top tier tackle to play sit and wait for Joe Thomas. That be a wasteful pick

Archived