2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, EAGLES3658 said:

I'd kill for another Maclin at this point. 

I mean we get most of the memories with Maclin, just swap “getting hurt” for looking for a flag and then feigning injury and boom Nelly. Though being able to catch was a nice skill, would be dope if Nelson could do that.

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

meh he drops too many passes i'd rather have smith. 

They're not even in the same tier as far as prospects go. I think Smith is a guy that benefits from having Jeudy and Ruggs around him - seems like he's constantly facing single teams and what is likely the opposing teams worst defensive back.

11 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

it's pretty sad that jason avant might have had the second best career on that list.

Nah, Maclin's got that by a mile.

Avant might have some bulk stats but he was largely a 3/4 WR for his career.

Remember the ol' DeSean/Maclin vs Fitz/Bolden threads? Those were the days.

Edited by Hockey5djh

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

How about starting with NFL WRs coach first...but I like where your head's at.

I don't think most NFL position coaches are developing talent from nothing. Most players who come into the league have the work ethic and untapped potential or they're elite from the outset. The other large percentage are serviceable and just put in a position to succeed, whether that's due to injury or some other reason is unknown. 

On 11/19/2019 at 7:58 PM, EAGLES3658 said:

I'd kill for another Maclin at this point. 

Maclin was more of a high end #2 who really only had the 1 great season with Chip in his ultra hurry up offense. We're long overdue for an actual #1 WR that consistently gets 1200+ yards, 85+ catches, and close to 10 td's. TB and Minny have better #2's than our best #1's in the last 25+ years if you exclude TO. Let us have a Courtland Sutton for christ sakes. They don't have to be Megatron or Andre Johnson or Larry Fitz or sane AB or AJ Green or Julio, but give us a true #1 for once. Like a DK Metcalf! Howie you idiot!

• Like 1