2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

My faith is telling me we have him on the roster a few times over already.  I'd like someone different, with a better skillset.  More finesse and agility, please.

Finesse and agility already on the team is nice. Can they run the correct, crisp route and catch the ball? 

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We got Mike Daniels up out of here because he was too short and worn down to move laterally. 

Clark is a NT. Length still matters there but to a lesser extent.  Gallimore would be a DE, where he would have to show better lateral skills. 

Clark also wasn't a Pettine choice and is a freak in a lot of ways. Gallimore doesn't show that tremendous strength and lateral skill at size, and that's as an SR5.

That makes more sense than he's too short. You make exceptions for talent. I'm sure we'd find a spot for Aaron Donald if opportunity knocked. BTW, we got rid of Daniels because he was breaking down too. Not just because of his height. 

Edited by Golfman

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

That makes more sense than he's too short. You make exceptions for talent. I'm sure we'd find a spot for Aaron Donald if opportunity knocked. BTW, we got rid of Daniels because he was breaking down too. Not just because of his height. 

Great, what makes you think Neville Gallimore is Aaron Donald or even a talent worth redesigning a scheme for?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I've been seeing a lot more of Michael Pittman being mocked to us, and just talk in general. What do you guys think? He's not one I've watched a lot of. 

Not a fan. Tons of WR's just like him both in this draft and already on our team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Great, what makes you think Neville Gallimore is Aaron Donald or even a talent worth redesigning a scheme for?

No idea how you could have jumped to that conclusion with our exchange. I didn't state anything positive or negative regarding Gallimore. Just responded to your answer that he's too short for us. I then used Aaron Donald as a point that you can't just automatically dismiss because of a measurable. If you want another example, Jaire Alexander was considered too short for what we would draft in a CB too. Yet, here he is! 

10 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I've been seeing a lot more of Michael Pittman being mocked to us, and just talk in general. What do you guys think? He's not one I've watched a lot of. 

A more polished Lazard. Definitely an option. 

Another way to say it is Vincent Jackson if names get you excited.

• Like 1

Just looked at Drafttek's latest mock. Thoughts?

30. Justin Jefferson
62. Davon Hamilton, IDL, Ohio St.
94. Matt Peart
136. Willie Gay Jr.
175. Antonio Gibson, RB, Memphis
192. Joe Reed, WR, UVA
208. Evan Weaver
209. Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa
236. Derrek Tuszka, EDGE, NDSU
242. Danny Pinter

I could live with this.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

Just looked at Drafttek's latest mock. Thoughts?

30. Justin Jefferson
62. Davon Hamilton, IDL, Ohio St.
94. Matt Peart
136. Willie Gay Jr.
175. Antonio Gibson, RB, Memphis
192. Joe Reed, WR, UVA
208. Evan Weaver
209. Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa
236. Derrek Tuszka, EDGE, NDSU
242. Danny Pinter

I could live with this.

Meh.  The only pick I like is Gibson in the 5th.  He could be WR or RB.  Ty Montgomery with speed.

Edited by Dubz41

3 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Meh.  The only pick I like is Gibson in the 5th.  He could be WR or RB.  Mike Montgomery with speed.

You mean Ty Montgomery?

Why don't you like Jefferson or Hamilton?

Just now, Joe said:

You mean Ty Montgomery?

Why don't you like Jefferson or Hamilton?

Sorry, yes Ty.

Jefferson seems to have the athleticism and production, but I just don't see the toughness?  More of a gut feeling that I can't support statistically.

Hamilton is just too early in the 2nd.

49 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You can't be OK with Blacklock and not Gallimore. That inch is totally irrelevant, come on. Again, Gallimore has longer arms which is a FAR more important measurement for any DL.

Dislike them both or like them both, if tape isn't what you're going off and just measurements it's ridiculous to say ones OK and the other isn't.

• Like 2