2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

Reading some of the mocks on some of the Facebook Packer pages. Good god there are some morons out there. On the other hand, those morons pointed me to the fact that TDN has grossly overrated Neville Gallimore and Jeremy Chinn...

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Reading some of the mocks on some of the Facebook Packer pages. Good god there are some morons out there. On the other hand, those morons pointed me to the fact that TDN has grossly overrated Neville Gallimore and Jeremy Chinn...

The real draft is going to look moronic as it always does after the first couple picks. Up until this point, there are just a few sources that independently evaluate players that the group thought of the internet ranks. We’ll have 32 different viewpoints that emphasize attributes differently (ie Gary last year analytic sites had as a second round pick and coaches who see potential had top 10). Last year in particular between Ferrell, Hock, Bush, and Jones, every mock was complete trash by pick 10.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

The real draft is going to look moronic as it always does after the first couple picks. Up until this point, there are just a few sources that independently evaluate players that the group thought of the internet ranks. We’ll have 32 different viewpoints that emphasize attributes differently (ie Gary last year analytic sites had as a second round pick and coaches who see potential had top 10). Last year in particular between Ferrell, Hock, Bush, and Jones, every mock was complete trash by pick 10.

Oakland's choice as well as Dillard sliding down the boards had a lot to do with that.

Speaking of Oakland's choices, I'm betting they go Herbert at 14...

13 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

There are three that really count.  Christian Wilkins (13, Mia), Dexter Lawrence (17, NYG), Jeffrey Simmons (19, Ten).  Those are the guys that were picked between Gary and Savage.  After that, it is no longer a trade-off for Gary, it is a trade-off for Savage.

Simmons is/was really the only guy I thought we might regret not taking.  But there were a ton of red flags there.  Obviously, he was coming off the torn ACL, but there were very real character concerns regarding him.

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

Oakland's choice as well as Dillard sliding down the boards had a lot to do with that.

Speaking of Oakland's choices, I'm betting they go Herbert at 14...

I mean, Oakland's first two picks weren't exactly shocking.  Most thought that Oakland was going with an EDGE at 4.  Granted most also thought it would have been Josh Allen as the selection.  But I believe Josh Jacobs was a common prediction for the Raiders.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, Oakland's first two picks weren't exactly shocking.  Most thought that Oakland was going with an EDGE at 4.  Granted most also thought it would have been Josh Allen as the selection.  But I believe Josh Jacobs was a common prediction for the Raiders.

That's what started the disruption.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Edge at 4 wasn't a surprise. Ferrell at 4 was a shock. Pretty much everyone had Oak going Oliver or Allen and then Ferrell going like 15-25.

I agree with you though on Jacobs. I remember seeing people projecting that one.

11 hours ago, Norm said:

Out of the loop

I see everyone tease about this Ezra, does he suck or what

Athletically, he's the Packers' wet dream but there's a lot of risk there. He's probably 1-2 years away and I've seen a few comps to Spriggs. I'm not sure Cleveland is worth pick 30 if I can just get Jack Driscoll at 94 instead. Both need a year in the weight room anyways.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Athletically, he's the Packers' wet dream but there's a lot of risk there. He's probably 1-2 years away and I've seen a few comps to Spriggs. I'm not sure Cleveland is worth pick 30 if I can just get Jack Driscoll at 94 instead. Both need a year in the weight room anyways.  

I still don't understand how Spriggs was not even a starter level player.  At the very least I expected a Daryn Colledge.  

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I still don't understand how Spriggs was not even a starter level player.  At the very least I expected a Daryn Colledge.  

OT is a crap shoot like any other position. Our last four attempts to land a bookend OT in rounds 1 and 2 have been: 

Clifton

Bulaga

Sherrod

Spriggs

2 stalwarts, 2 busts.