2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, CWood21 said:

It literally had NOTHING to do with pace.  It was a freak injury.  Let's not try and reinvent the wheel here.

No, you are a fool if you don't think all that matters. Durant playing as many minutes as he did in the playoffs and all the deep playoff runs contributed to his calf injury. 

Tom Haberstroh breaks it down here:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/video/big-number-lebrons-pace-cause-concern

A dude with the amount of mileage he has, at his age, playing at the fastest pace of his career has NOTHING to do with his groin injury eh? Whatever you say champ. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, you are a fool if you don't think all that matters. Durant playing as many minutes as he did in the playoffs and all the deep playoff runs contributed to his calf injury. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/video/big-number-lebrons-pace-cause-concern

A dude with the amount of mileage he has, at his age, playing at the fastest pace of his career has NOTHING to do with his groin injury eh? Whatever you say champ. 

The Lakers had a pace of 103.6 last year, which was good for 4th in the NBA.  The year before, the Cavaliers were 9th in terms of pace at 98.7.  You're telling me that he's more likely to get injured because of the pace?  Get out of here.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

i think do bodies are prone to injury the more they play. However, this is the longest break in basketball Bron has had. I think he’ll stay healthy next year.

Just now, CWood21 said:

The Lakers had a pace of 103.6 last year, which was good for 4th in the NBA.  The year before, the Cavaliers were 9th in terms of pace at 98.7.  You're telling me that he's more likely to get injured because of the pace?  Get out of here.

I'm saying LeBron playing at the fastest pace he's ever played at this point of his career most definitely could have contributed to the injury. And the last few years in Cleveland, he was pacing himself by taking a bunch of possessions off by just walking and not moving. 

In 2017-2018 the Cavs pace was 98 while it was 93 the season prior. That's a pretty damn big difference compared to what it was in his first year with the Lakers. Over a 10 difference from just 2016-2017. 

Just now, indifference said:

i think do bodies are prone to injury the more they play. However, this is the longest break in basketball Bron has had. I think he’ll stay healthy next year.

I don't think the Lakers play nearly as fast next season anyways. And he's going to be managed by the coaching staff and may not be playing in all that many back to backs.

But I guess that could also depend on how well the team is doing and if they are pushing for the last few playoff spots. 

I'm saying LeBron playing at the fastest pace he's ever played at this point of his career most definitely could have contributed to the injury. And the last few years in Cleveland, he was pacing himself by taking a bunch of possessions off by just walking and not moving. 

In 2017-2018 the Cavs pace was 98 while it was 93 the season prior. That's a pretty damn big difference compared to what it was in his first year with the Lakers. Over a 10 difference from just 2016-2017. 

No.  He literally slipped and strained his groin.  Stop trying to overthink this one.  If you wanted to argue that his age was affecting his health, I'd get that.  But the pace of the league as a whole has gone up.

39 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I could definitely see the Knicks throwing a Carmelo Anthony-like trade at the Knicks.  Everything but RJ Barrett at the Thunder.

Only the knicks could throw a blockbuster trade at themselves. Probably still say no.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  He literally slipped and strained his groin.  Stop trying to overthink this one.  If you wanted to argue that his age was affecting his health, I'd get that.  But the pace of the league as a whole has gone up.

I stick by EVERYTHING I said in my post. Moving on now…… 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I stick by EVERYTHING I said in my post. Moving on now…… 

I noticed you stuck this little zinger in there....

"But I guess that could also depend on how well the team is doing and if they are pushing for the last few playoff spots"

Just now, Leader said:

I noticed you stuck this little zinger in there....

"But I guess that could also depend on how well the team is doing and if they are pushing for the last few playoff spots"

I mean is it not true? I doubt they will be gunning for the #1 seed or anything. But if they are say the 7th seed at the ASB, then at that point you can't really sit him out on back to backs since every game will be needed. 

Now, if they are say the 3rd seed? Then sure, you can sit him out when ever you want to. 

I mean is it not true? I doubt they will be gunning for the #1 seed or anything. But if they are say the 7th seed at the ASB, then at that point you can't really sit him out on back to backs since every game will be needed. Now, if they are say the 3rd seed? Then sure, you can sit him out when ever you want to. 

Somethings interesting.
We fans yabber on and on about this player and that signing this gazillion dollar deal or that - and conversely - we're somehow satisfied (conditioned?) -  that despite the salary these guys are pulling down, its okay - perhaps even mandatory - that they take games off.

Chill and do some "load management" almost to the point of considering it mandatory.

If "load management" is the new way of the world - why dont they (either) increase the roster sizes or reduce the number of regular season games. No. We'll just get the fans to accept the concept of not trying hard all the time.

Not a bad marketing job. Last I checked NBA ticket prices werent cheap.

Just now, Leader said:

Somethings interesting.
We fans yabber on and on about this player and that signing this gazillion dollar deal or that - and conversely - we're somehow satisfied (conditioned?) -  that despite the salary these guys are pulling down, its okay - perhaps even mandatory - that they take games off.

Chill and do some "load management" almost to the point of considering it mandatory.

If "load management" is the new way of the world - why dont they (either) increase the roster sizes or reduce the number of regular season games. No. We'll just get the fans to accept the concept of not trying hard all the time.

Not a bad marketing job. Last I checked NBA ticket prices werent cheap.

Some players would like for lesser games, but the problem is they aren't willing to take lesser money since the league will lose revenue with say 20 less games.

Definitely sucks for the paying consumer on certain nights paying to see LeBron or Kawhi or whoever and they sit out. But could you do? 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Some players would like for lesser games, but the problem is they aren't willing to take lesser money since the league will lose revenue with say 20 less games. Definitely sucks for the paying consumer on certain nights paying to see LeBron or Kawhi or whoever and they sit out. But could you do? 

I've not made a study of it but recall reading an article - NBA related - that the game has gone corporate. That the majority of the high end floor seats and suites are all "built in" revenue for the team cause the money's coming from deep pockets - and not the guy who may or may not be walking in off the streets.