2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

On 7/6/2019 at 9:51 AM, MookieMonstah said:

giphy.gif

I'll eat crow on this one. Total fist pump on my part. Sad to see him pass on creating a superteam, but VERY excited for next season. Alot of parity and no real front runner. 

I think the Lakers did make some great signings though to round out the roster. Danny Green and Boogie are great pieces. If Kuzma can prove hes a 3rd option I think the Lakers will be a real contender. Kudos to Kawhi for pulling that off and wanting to do his own thing. 

46 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'll eat crow on this one. Total fist pump on my part. Sad to see him pass on creating a superteam, but VERY excited for next season. Alot of parity and no real front runner. 

I think the Lakers did make some great signings though to round out the roster. Danny Green and Boogie are great pieces. If Kuzma can prove hes a 3rd option I think the Lakers will be a real contender. Kudos to Kawhi for pulling that off and wanting to do his own thing. 

*Boogie can be a great signing. But I don't think anyone can say that until we see him on the court and see if he is able to get healthy and back to form. And if he is? Then that becomes by far the best bargain signing of the offseason. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

*Boogie can be a great signing. But I don't think anyone can say that until we see him on the court and see if he is able to get healthy and back to form. And if he is? Then that becomes by far the best bargain signing of the offseason. 

I look at those major types of injuries as 2 year recoveries so I truly believe he will be back to form next year. Whether or not he fits into the scheme is a different story, but he did play well with AD in New Orleans. Exciting stuff.

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

I look at those major types of injuries as 2 year recoveries so I truly believe he will be back to form next year. Whether or not he fits into the scheme is a different story, but he did play well with AD in New Orleans. Exciting stuff.

I mean you just never know since he had that quad injury as well. Theoretically yes, he should be back to his old self as this is year two of his recovery, but no guarantee that happens. LIS, it could be the best bargain in the league, but can't say that until we see him on the court. Other issue here is if he isn't back to form and gets benched or doesn't play much? This could be a huge potential problem. Boogie doesn't want to take any more one year prove it deals. He's trying to get PAID this offseason. 

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
Not bad, not bad at all. 

Explain this move though @champ11. Is this preparing for the eventual loss of Milsap after this season? 

Bro this is soooo nice for us. Grant was on my shortlist of guys that I really wanted as a 4 next to Jokic.

I think it does a couple things for us....it finally gives us a sure thing replacement for Millsap when we need to move on from relying on him as a starter. It's my opinion that you need a strong defensive player next to Jokic so I never saw MPJ or Juancho as an ideal 4 of the future and Vanderbilt is a nice fit ideally but he is so young and raw. Trey Lyles had his chance last year and just didn't pan out. 

The Nuggets also had a huge need for athleticism and defensive versatility - Grant gives them that. I also love athletic cutters next to Jokic (Faried was lowkey incredible as our starter the szn Millsap was hurt) so I think it's just such a good fit on both ends.

The nugs have a definite logjam of minutes so it will be interesting to see if there is a corresponding move. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Hate to see us ship our 1st rd pick back to back years but Grant is exactly what we needed next to Jokic. 

yehhh we have 3 young gifted players that are going to struggle to get minutes if there aren't some other moves though. just doing contender things now. they jumped at the opportunity to steal grant and used a trade exception that was about to expire. just so good 

• Like 1