2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, Nuggets, Spurs, and Mavericks all got better. Warriors, and Blazers got worse and Rockets are the same.

Injuries and load management taken in to consideration I have the WC regular season shaping out like this:

1) Clippers

2) Jazz

3) Nuggets

4) Rockets

5) Lakers

6) Spurs

7) Blazers 

8) Warriors

9) Mavericks

10) Kings

11) Pelicans

12) Timberwolves

13) Thunder (I think WB goes East)

14) Grizzlies

15) Suns

The first round series' would be insanely fun...

Clippers vs Warriors: Kawhi, PG13 and company vs. Steph, Klay (please), and Green.

Jazz vs Blazers: Conley, Mitchell, Gobert vs. Lillard, McCollum, and Whiteside (Nurkic?)

Nuggets vs Spurs: Last season they went 7 games and both teams are even better now.

Lakers vs Rockets: The 2 time reigning WCF challengers Paul, Harden, and Gordon vs. Lebran, AD and the new look Lakers

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Lakers, Clippers, Jazz, Nuggets, Spurs, and Mavericks all got better. Warriors, and Blazers got worse and Rockets are the same.

Injuries and load management taken in to consideration I have the WC regular season shaping out like this:

1) Clippers

2) Jazz

3) Nuggets

4) Rockets

5) Lakers

6) Spurs

7) Blazers 

8) Warriors

9) Mavericks

10) Kings

11) Pelicans

12) Timberwolves

13) Thunder (I think WB goes East)

14) Grizzlies

15) Suns

The first round series' would be insanely fun...

Clippers vs Warriors: Kawhi, PG13 and company vs. Steph, Klay (please), and Green.

Jazz vs Blazers: Conley, Mitchell, Gobert vs. Lillard, McCollum, and Whiteside (Nurkic?)

Nuggets vs Spurs: Last season they went 7 games and both teams are even better now.

Lakers vs Rockets: The 2 time reigning WCF challengers Paul, Harden, and Gordon vs. Lebran, AD and the new look Lakers

I hate the Warriors and hope their team plane crashes into a mountain with 0 survivors. But they aren't going to be the freaking 8th seed, even if Klay doesn't play a minute for them.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I hate the Warriors and hope their team plane crashes into a mountain with 0 survivors. But they aren't going to be the freaking 8th seed, even if Klay doesn't play a minute for them.

Lmfaooo

Who will be better in your eyes? The Mavericks?

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't know about that, those 15-16 and 16-17 Cavs teams were really really good. I mean the Lakers may have more depth, but the spacing LeBron had in 16-17 led to an all time offense in the playoffs. Those dudes were a machine. Defensively? Not as good, but offensively they were certainly special.

Lakers have a bunch of solid players no doubt. Deep as hell. But for this team to be better than those Cavs teams? Boogie will have to be close to his old self. Still lack another true shot creator on the perimeter. Rondo could create for others but dude is a damn net negative with almost every line up combination lol. 

Those Cavaliers probably had more shooters, but it lacked defenders IMO.  Looking at the '15/'16 Cavs roster, the best defenders were Iman Shumpert and Tristan Thompson.  Not very good.  LeBron might have had more spacing, but there was no defense there.

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Missed out on some big fish but they’re making some nice signings for sure. Just surround Lebron with shooters.

Notice how all the deals are 2 year deals?  They're keeping open the possibility of poaching a FA in 2 years.  They might have gotten some better fits, but they weren't signing FA deals for 2 years.  The Lakers added Avery Bradley (career 36% from 3PT), Danny Green (career 40% from 3PT), Jared Dudley (career 39% from 3PT), and Quinn Cook (career 42% from 3PT).  That's four new shooters around LeBron who should get at least some burn.  And they're not just one-dimensional shooters either.  I'd imagine that as soon as Kyle Korver gets bought out, and there's always Andre Iguodala if he gets bought out.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Those Cavaliers probably had more shooters, but it lacked defenders IMO.  Looking at the '15/'16 Cavs roster, the best defenders were Iman Shumpert and Tristan Thompson.  Not very good.  LeBron might have had more spacing, but there was no defense there.

Yeah shooting wise they were amongst the best. But this probably one of the best defensive talented team he’s had since his Mike Brown days in CLE.

No excuses this year for this team being a bad team defensively

12 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I've got:

1.) Denver
2.) Utah
3.) LA Clippers
4.) LA Lakers
5.) Houston
6.) Portland
7.) Golden State
8.) San Antonio
9.) Dallas
10.) New Orleans
11.) Oklahoma City (with Westbrook)
12.) Sacramento
13.) Minnesota
14.) Phoenix
15.) Memphis

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Notice how all the deals are 2 year deals?  They're keeping open the possibility of poaching a FA in 2 years.  They might have gotten some better fits, but they weren't signing FA deals for 2 years.  The Lakers added Avery Bradley (career 36% from 3PT), Danny Green (career 40% from 3PT), Jared Dudley (career 39% from 3PT), and Quinn Cook (career 42% from 3PT).  That's four new shooters around LeBron who should get at least some burn.  And they're not just one-dimensional shooters either.  I'd imagine that as soon as Kyle Korver gets bought out, and there's always Andre Iguodala if he gets bought out.

Well yeah, of course. Anyone who signs role players for more than 2 years is a fool tbh. No need to hand out 4 year deals to guys like Danny Green, those just become bad contracts you end up desperate to move. I don't think Bradley or especially Dudley are as good from deep now and certainly aren't the defenders they once were but they're good role guys for sure.

I'd stay far away from ancient Kyle Korver. He's a great shooter but I just don't think its worth the zero defense he brings. He's on his last legs. I don't think Iggy gets bought out, Memphis looking to get a pick for him and they likely will.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I've got:

1.) Denver
2.) Utah
3.) LA Clippers
4.) LA Lakers
5.) Houston
6.) Portland
7.) Golden State
8.) San Antonio
9.) Dallas
10.) New Orleans
11.) Oklahoma City (with Westbrook)
12.) Sacramento
13.) Minnesota
14.) Phoenix
15.) Memphis

Smh. The disrespect the Kings get is astonishing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

In 15-16, the defense was still really solid. They finished top 10 in the regular season and held the Warriors in relative check. You mentioned those two, but JR played solid defense in the playoffs and LeBron was a complete monster on the defensive end against the Warriors.

But despite being a worse defensive team the following season, I'd say that was the best Cavs team. That spacing and offense was just unreal. The Cavs had a 120.3 offensive rating in the playoffs. That's just stupid. Too bad for them that they faced a peak Warriors team that is arguably the greatest team of all time.