2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm still a bit confused with why he played so poorly with the Clippers. I've watched a bunch of Clippers games the last two years, but really can't pinpoint why he was so bad. Dude is a solid player no doubt, but he was unplayable with the Clippers towards the end of his reign there. 

You and me both.  When we brought him on I was figuring this can't be a bad (not necessarily over-the-moon great, but certainly not bad) pick-up... and then he proceeded, given every opportunity to succeed, to be a constant source of me beating my head against a wall.

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lakers have made some nice signings with green and bradley. Good shooters who defend. They still don’t have much ball handling. 

So they've made up for it with passers :)

12 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lakers have made some nice signings with green and bradley. Good shooters who defend. They still don’t have much ball handling. 

You don't need more than 2-3 ball handlers.  The Lakers have LeBron James and Rajon Rondo as their primary ball handlers.  And you can probably see Kyle Kuzma getting some burn in that role.  Not that he's great at it by any means.

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The real Point Gawd!!!!

I mean what the hell does this mean anyways? Dude was pretty much the PG anyways. And it's not like he will be defending the opposing PG in most nights. 

That was a very exciting tweet for a second. 

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean what the hell does this mean anyways? Dude was pretty much the PG anyways. And it's not like he will be defending the opposing PG in most nights.

I think this might be part of LeBron "transitioning" into the distributor that reportedly was part of his pitch with Kawhi Leonard.  Last year, on a team devoid of quality shooters LeBron posted the 4th highest APG of his career.  It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up posting the highest APG of his career.  Realistically speaking, he could easily climb into the top 5 in assists over a career.  He's already 4th in point in a career.

4 hours ago, champ11 said:

Bro this is soooo nice for us. Grant was on my shortlist of guys that I really wanted as a 4 next to Jokic.

I think it does a couple things for us....it finally gives us a sure thing replacement for Millsap when we need to move on from relying on him as a starter. It's my opinion that you need a strong defensive player next to Jokic so I never saw MPJ or Juancho as an ideal 4 of the future and Vanderbilt is a nice fit ideally but he is so young and raw. Trey Lyles had his chance last year and just didn't pan out. 

The Nuggets also had a huge need for athleticism and defensive versatility - Grant gives them that. I also love athletic cutters next to Jokic (Faried was lowkey incredible as our starter the szn Millsap was hurt) so I think it's just such a good fit on both ends.

The nugs have a definite logjam of minutes so it will be interesting to see if there is a corresponding move. 

you get your poor man's jonathan isaac you've been wanting 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FinSting said:

2020 NBA Executive of the Year Rob Pelinka just keeps adding good players. This is the biggest positive roster churn for a team from one year to the next I can remember. 

See Jerry West 2019/2020

Edited by 49er pride

59 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m not buying Utah as a top 4 seed. I LOVE what they have done but it’s a brutal conference. 

I think Utah is a top 4 seed in the west record wise, but they're not a top 4 team.

43 minutes ago, The LBC said:

By far the greatest addition by subtraction this offseason, unless someone OKC manages to flip Russ to Miami so that Jimmy eventually loses it and kills Russ thereby making those Miami 1sts more valuable.  So glad to be rid of this idolator to himself.  He's your problem now, Lakers fans.  I'd like to think you'll boo his butt out of the building, but the bandwagoners will probably try to prop him up thinking that he's something to be rubbed in Clippers fans faces.

Meanwhile, 95% of Clippers fans are sitting here with the attitude towards Darrell like:

giphy.gif

Why would he make that switch now?  The Clippers are a better overall team than the Lakers are.  Or was this before the Kawhi/George thing?