2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think Utah is a top 4 seed in the west record wise, but they're not a top 4 team.

Our offense was one of the easiest to scheme against during the last two years and we were still a 50 win team. Now we'll be able to surround one of the best pick-n-roll bigs in the league (Gobert) with 4 players capable of operating in the p-n-r (Conley, Spida, Ingles, Bojan) and attack the hell out of opposing defenses. Mitchell and Conley coming off of Gobert screens with the ability to throw it out to two of the best catch and shoot/corner 3 point shooters in the league is going to be lethal. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Miami or Detroit seems like the most likely landing spot. 

The only problem I see with them sending Russ off to Miami is that since they already own 2 picks of Miami's, sending Russ to them and making them better is a bit of a double edged sword. They'd have to give up more than some of the other teams.

Also, the magic could have a good centerpiece for their package in Mo Bamba.

Would be interesting to see the Pacers get involved in the Russ sweepstakes. They probably need to choose between one of Turner and Sabonis long term and this would give them a chance to get a return on that - they probably prefer Turner between the two but his contract also gives you a chance to turn Turner + McDermott's expiring contract + picks into a deal if they get a 3rd team involved. Dipo and Sabonis are way better than when they were his running mates in OKC and overall a Russ/Brogdon/Dipo/Sabonis core would instantly become East contenders. 

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

What is Miami going to trade for a player of Westbrook's caliber?  They have nothing left to trade that is desirable or worthy.  Or am I missing something here?

OKC is going full rebuild mode. They may have to find a third team to help them facilitate and add more assets. But Miami could offer a package centered around Goran Dragic's expiring deal, Justise Winslow, Tyler Herro, Bam and/or draft assets. They can also look to flip Steven Adams and/or Dragic at the ASB to contenders dealing with injuries or looking to bolster their roster before the playoffs start.

Edited by NYRaider

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

OKC is going full rebuild mode. They may have to find a third team to help them facilitate and add more assets. But Miami could offer a package centered around Goran Dragic's expiring deal, Justise Winslow, Tyler Herro, Bam and/or draft assets. They can also look to flip Steven Adams and/or Dragic at the ASB to contenders dealing with injuries or looking to bolster their roster before the playoffs start.

I'd be pretty surprised if OKC got three solid assets for Westbrook. Few teams will be bidding on him - his contract is insane - and he turns 31 this year. He had the worst shooting season in history last season.

I personally think one asset could get it done. Like salary and Winslow may be all they can get. We'll see though. Like I think the Westbrook trade could happen and casuals will have their mind blown at how little value it is. I could be wrong tho - Presti is great w trades. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I'd be pretty surprised if OKC got three solid assets for Westbrook. Few teams will be bidding on him - his contract is insane - and he turns 31 this year. He had the worst shooting season in history last season.

I personally think one asset could get it done. Like salary and Winslow may be all they can get. We'll see though. Like I think the Westbrook trade could happen and casuals will have their mind blown at how little value it is. I could be wrong tho - Presti is great w trades. 

Winslow + Herro + Dragic would be a fair haul. They get two young players and an expiring deal they can flip at the ASB. Miami gets a piece that can help them compete in the East.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

...no, not really. They’re not a playoff team. They have a few great pieces for the future, but lack the star power to make the playoffs in the West. 

Where do you expect them to finish?

Considering we finished 10th and upgraded in the off-season I think we finish 8th honestly. We have a very solid roster from head to toe now. Last year our bench was trash. 

58 minutes ago, showtime said:

Why would he make that switch now?  The Clippers are a better overall team than the Lakers are.  Or was this before the Kawhi/George thing?

It was last year, apparently; I'd wager about the time that you guys signed Lebron, but I could be wrong on that.  Though I've come to not expect logic out of anything Darrell does, so really anything is possible.  All the guy really cares about is getting as much attention as he can.

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

The only problem I see with them sending Russ off to Miami is that since they already own 2 picks of Miami's, sending Russ to them and making them better is a bit of a double edged sword. They'd have to give up more than some of the other teams.

Also, the magic could have a good centerpiece for their package in Mo Bamba.

I'll say this, if they do end up sending him Miami it would probably be the biggest indictment of Russ' attitude.  They'd almost assuredly be saying, "We expect him to nuke what they've got and create so much drama they actually get (marginally) worse."

16 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Winslow + Herro + Dragic would be a fair haul. They get two young players and an expiring deal they can flip at the ASB. Miami gets a piece that can help them compete in the East.