2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Westbroke and Butler lead team is good for 5th place in the East. Round one exit, salute.

But it'll put fans in seats and keep them competitive all year long. According to Woj, Miami is Westbrook's preferred landing spot. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But it'll put fans in seats and keep them competitive all year long. According to Woj, Miami is Westbrook's preferred landing spot. 

Yeah but taking on the average of 40-45 M per year not to mention the more additions of luxary tax? Not to mention that Miami even when you have a decent team, it's sports fans often times just couldn't care less. I doubt Russ's value makes it's money back.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They are deep and always have been elite defensively and now the offense should get better. They will be damn good in the regular season. To me, the top 3 seeds will be in any order the Nuggets/Jazz/Rockets. 

rockets wont be anywhere near a top 3 seed in the west.  5th or 6th at the best.

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

rockets wont be anywhere near a top 3 seed in the west.  5th or 6th at the best.

Why not? Same squad as last year, still have the most dominant regular season player in the game. Unless you expect Harden to slip a bit? And CP3 missed bunch of time last year as well. Rockets will still be a force. Nothing has changed. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I’d bet good money they finish as a top 3 seed. Probably a first or second round exit though.

Eh I dont see the shooting there. They probably lose Bam too via trade so rebounding will be a huge flaw as well. I got Philly, Boston, Bucks, Nets, and Pacers ahead of them based off shooting/size/depth alone. At best they are a 4th seed imo

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

Eh I dont see the shooting there. They probably lose Bam too via trade so rebounding will be a huge flaw as well. I got Philly, Boston, Bucks, Nets, and Pacers ahead of them based off shooting/size/depth alone. At best they are a 4th seed imo

They’ll finish ahead of Pacers, Celtics and Nets. Westbrook can carry a regular season team. 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Enjoy the abyss Pat Riley

They've been a treadmill team since LeBron skipped town. As a team that started the summer with meh pieces stuck in cap hell ending the summer with Westbrook and Butler isn't a bad place to be in. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why not? Same squad as last year, still have the most dominant regular season player in the game. Unless you expect Harden to slip a bit? And CP3 missed bunch of time last year as well. Rockets will still be a force. Nothing has changed. 

lost bzdelik...the team is older and they still havent addressed their rebounding problems.  plus other teams got better.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Yeah but taking on the average of 40-45 M per year not to mention the more additions of luxary tax? Not to mention that Miami even when you have a decent team, it's sports fans often times just couldn't care less. I doubt Russ's value makes it's money back.

If they're smart about the Westbrook trade they could bring him in without going over the cap. 

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

lost bzdelik...the team is older and they still havent addressed their rebounding problems.  plus other teams got better.

Meh, Rockets will still win a whole a lot of ball games. I'm not seeing this big drop off that you are implying.

Still a safe bet to win 50-55 games. 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

If I'm Miami then Bam is absolutely off the table.

Winslow, Herro/Okpala, and Dragic is my absolute limit. And I'd honestly hesitate to put Herro in as well. Winslow is expendable here because he's at his best as a point forward, and that ain't happening much with Westbrook and Butler around. I'd hold Herro out of talks and offer Okpala until another teams offers a better deal. I'm not losing both, though.

Miami would have a solid team, probably the 4th seed in the East.

Westbrook-Butler-Jones-Johnson-Bam

Olynyk-Waiters-Leonard-Herro/Okpala

• Like 1