2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why'd Memphis S&T Delon Wright for two 2nds? 

Their guard depth is brutal. It's Morant, Melton and Grayson Allen. Unless they think Dillon Brooks is a 2. 

Yeah, Brooks can be a 2.

I'm not happy about this. That's an easy number to match for Delon. Super disappointed because I've liked everything else they've done. If they were gonna go full youth movement then why re-sign Valanciunas?

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don’t think they wanted to pay him $9.5M a year to be Morant’s backup. 

He could have started at the 2 and then staggered with Morant, like Houston does with Harden and CP3.

On 7/6/2019 at 4:29 PM, beekay414 said:

He's not wrong

He's not right.  This Clippers team has no size.  They have Zubac who is a legit 7', and they have Harrell who is 6'8".  The Clippers have length, which is their biggest asset in terms of defense but they offer very little in the way of size.  Any team that can effectively use size (i.e. Utah with Gobert, Lakers with AD, etc.) are going to use that.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's not right.  This Clippers team has no size.  They have Zubac who is a legit 7', and they have Harrell who is 6'8".  The Clippers have length, which is their biggest asset in terms of defense but they offer very little in the way of size.  Any team that can effectively use size (i.e. Utah with Gobert, Lakers with AD, etc.) are going to use that.

Golden State had **** for size and they won 3 titles. Cleveland won a title with Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson as their only bigs worth a damn. Toronto just won a title with Gasol and Ibaka as the only "bigs". Size is overrated.

The Lakers have Anthony Davis, a bum DeMarcus Cousins and JaVale "I live on Shaqtin' a Fool" McGee. The Clippers roster is flat out better, including their starting 5.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Golden State had **** for size and they won 3 titles. Toronto just won a title with Gasol and Ibaka as the only "bigs". Size is overrated.

Not over rated but you Is right. It shouldn’t be a factor 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Golden State had **** for size and they won 3 titles. Cleveland won a title with Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson as their only bigs worth a damn. Toronto just won a title with Gasol and Ibaka as the only "bigs". Size is overrated.

The Lakers have Anthony Davis, a bum DeMarcus Cousins and JaVale "I live on Shaqtin' a Fool" McGee. The Clippers roster is flat out better, including their starting 5.

Golden State was literally the exception.  They had SO much shooting it isn't even comparable.  They had 3 of probably the top 10 best shooters in the NBA.  Cleveland won when the Clippers "threw" the series to get KD.  And Toronto beat a hobbled Warriors team.  None of them are really accurate.

And it's not flat out better.  Beverley is better than Rondo, specifically his 3PT shooting.  But the rest of the starting lineup outside of Paul George and Kawhi Leonard isn't very good.  Landry Shamet is by far the worst of the 10 starters.  And Zubac isn't very good.  McGee outproduced Zubac last year.  Fact.  And that was even after McGee fell off the face of the earth with his pneumonia.

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You wait BK. DeMarcus is gonna come back with a vengeance. Count on it.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Golden State was literally the exception.  They had SO much shooting it isn't even comparable.  They had 3 of probably the top 10 best shooters in the NBA.  Cleveland won when the Clippers "threw" the series to get KD.  And Toronto beat a hobbled Warriors team.  None of them are really accurate.

And it's not flat out better.  Beverley is better than Rondo, specifically his 3PT shooting.  But the rest of the starting lineup outside of Paul George and Kawhi Leonard isn't very good.  Landry Shamet is by far the worst of the 10 starters.  And Zubac isn't very good.  McGee outproduced Zubac last year.  Fact.  And that was even after McGee fell off the face of the earth with his pneumonia.

Whatever you say, hoss. I'm really not interested in getting into a Lakers debate with an unabashed homer. Clippers are better. That's all I'll say and all I care to say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

You wait BK. DeMarcus is gonna come back with a vengeance. Count on it.

Sure, he'll try to get his but he's not good so it doesn't matter. He was never conducive to winning, even when he was healthy.

Looking at the Lakers roster, they will definitely play slower than last year which is actually good for LeBron. His teams almost always were in the bottom 10 in pace and maybe the faster pace of play last year contributed to his groin injury.

So KD is going to wear #7 next year? That's random lol.