2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I do like Shenault a lot, rather be loaded on offense. Williams gets schemed open, but isn't elite at anything. I would rather invest hard on blue collar WRs. Keep Williams around to ease two rookie WRs

1-10 Jeudy 1- 15 Shenault  

imagine those weapons 

1) Jeudy

2) Williams

Slot: Shenault

4th: Renfrow

5th: T Davis

6th: Nelson/Doss whoever

that be a nasty wideout crew! need more speed and talent on offense

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Relax guys the Raiders have a good foundation plus 85 million to spend on free agency.

The Raiders will probably sign

DT, DE, MLB,2WR and G

Then you draft BPA

My "only" issue is I can't really see the coaching staff as one who can put the pieces together effectively 

Clowney would be my #1 target in FA if he gets there, if not him maybe Fowler, but not a huge fan of him or Barrett is PG defense. 

I would explore AJ Green or Robbie Anderson
Danny Trevathan or Kyle Van Noy
and if Gruden and Callahan come over I would love to land Ereck Flowers or Brandon Scherff to replace incognito. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Relax guys the Raiders have a good foundation plus 85 million to spend on free agency.

The Raiders will probably sign

DT, DE, MLB,2WR and G

Then you draft BPA

Yep, we’re in a very good spot moving forward. We did a good job of adding talent this past offseason.

As you said we have a good foundation to build upon, a ton of cap space and draft capital. I think we’re in a lot better spot then guys give us credit for.

we have the youngest squad in the league and are up against the toughest schedule. We’re gonna take our lumps, but as the schedule softens towards the end of the year we should finish strong going into the offseason. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I do like Shenault a lot, rather be loaded on offense. Williams gets schemed open, but isn't elite at anything. I would rather invest hard on blue collar WRs. Keep Williams around to ease two rookie WRs

imagine those weapons 

1) Jeudy

2) Williams

Horrible asset management to take 2 WR in the 1st round. One would be more than enough. Pass rush is still a huge need and ignoring a potential guy like Espenesa there at 10 would be why we're mired in mediocrity.

Thankfully, I trust Mayock to do the right/smart thing and keep building the right way.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

imagine those weapons 

1) Jeudy

2) Williams

I for one am glad you aren't the one running this franchise.  That would be a huge waste.  Especially considering we have Willams, Waller and Jacobs.  If you add Jeudy to that trio, you have something.  We will need and answer at DE.  LB x 3. G.  Depth at OL.  Depth at DE.  

If we come away with Espenesa and Jeudy I would be ecstatic! 

Edited by Totty
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Totty said:

I for one am glad you aren't the one running this franchise.  That would be a huge waste.  Especially considering we have Willams, Waller and Jacobs.  If you add Jeudy to that trio, you have something.  We will need and answer at DE.  LB x 3. G.  Depth at OL.  Depth at DE.  

Keep reaching for stars ✨ 

11 hours ago, Totty said:

I think he would be a great fit to run the Charger, Chiefs, or Broncos though.

• Like 1

Double dip in 1st on wideouts... 

spend big on defense in free agency 

- buzz of Vegas lure free agents 

- nomore hoping for help on defense, get established vets 

- vets get tax breaks due to Nevada state laws 

only free agent WR I’ll be interested in would be AJ Green 

28 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Double dip in 1st on wideouts... 

spend big on defense in free agency 

- buzz of Vegas lure free agents 

- nomore hoping for help on defense, get established vets 

- vets get tax breaks due to Nevada state laws 

only free agent WR I’ll be interested in would be AJ Green 

In order:

So dumb. Williams is good 2. The WR class is deep and why sacrifice big needs on defense?

Money lures FAs. Then winning. 2 things the Raiders are not known for

See above. And there has to be FAs worth signing.

This statement is tired. Players want to play for winning franchises and max cash. Also, players game checks are predicated on the state they play in that week, so they vary to some degree

AJ Green's best football is behind him. Raiders need to get faster at the position and need a Z receiver. And he's inured a lot lately.

• Like 1

Ruggs is faster, but I would still take Jeudy. I really like his route running and when Jeudy gets the ball in his hands he’s so smooth his ability to stop and accelerate stands out a lot. I see a lot of Chad Johnson in him. 

The WR class will be stacked if these expected players declare. Could see 7 possible First round WRs. The talent is there.

• Like 1

I see Ruggs as more of a very high-end WR2. But I do like him. I could see the team even drafting MLB with Burficts situation. Our D looked quite competitive with Burfict under center this season. He’s not even 30% the player Mack is but it shows you in PGs scheme, MLB is probably the most important position. 

EDGE and MLB in the 1st

We still have to gauge Carr for the year, but if we absolutely had to we could trade Carr for a 2nd and package those two 3rds and 2nd for a Late 1st. And get a QB. 

This leaves WR still unsolved but this is the most solvable position in FA if we have to. You are not gonna find a premier EDGE ever in FA, that’s for sure. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I see Ruggs as more of a very high-end WR2. But I do like him. I could see the team even drafting MLB with Burficts situation. Our D looked quite competitive with Burfict under center this season. He’s not even 30% the player Mack is but it shows you in PGs scheme, MLB is probably the most important position. 

EDGE and MLB in the 1st

We still have to gauge Carr for the year, but if we absolutely had to we could trade Carr for a 2nd and package those two 3rds and 2nd for a Late 1st. And get a QB. 

This leaves WR still unsolved but this is the most solvable position in FA if we have to. You are not gonna find a premier EDGE ever in FA, that’s for sure. 

I have been waiting for them to draft a MLB high since Nick Roach.

• Like 1