2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

If we take a WR in the 1st, and are going offense-heavy in the draft, this might be a chance worth taking in the 3rd round:

He only had 77 touches last year, this is definitely a riskier pick than some, but is pretty unique. He's going to be a RB in the NFL, and as a 3rd RB to Jacobs and Jalen, he's completely different than both of them, and he's running back kickoffs, running deep posts from the slot, and he runs a 4.39.  

A true mismatch in a lot of scenarios in the passing game.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Tula getting injured again ( which is a certainty )will get everybody fired.

I think the Raiders have a real shot at him at 12.

And the alternative is to go 5-11 with Tyrod Taylor as your starting QB and probably not going to be in range to Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I don’t want the Raiders to get cute unless there’s a blue chip guy. Thinking a guy might be there in the 3rd is foolish, all it takes is some team to surprise you and take your guy. If you have a shot at the big three I say you take one and don’t look back. 

I think Lamb is above everyone else at WR so i'd have a hard time passing on the opportunity to draft him. But it comes down to what's improving the team more. Lamb or a WR later in the 1st and whoever you can add in the 2nd? If Reagor is their guy, he can be drafted at 19 (or 21 if that trade goes down) so WR wouldn't have to wait until the 3rd. Now i'm not saying that's what they have to do but it's a scenario that makes sense to me.

Have you guys come across this dude Alex Taylor an offensive tackle from South Carolina State? He has some freaky combine measurements that might appeal to Tom Cable:
6'8"
308lbs
36 1/8" arms
11 1/4" hands

5.09 40yard dash
21 bench reps (pretty good for someone with 36in+ arms)

looking from his combine workouts (like what he looks like) and his jump scores he might need some time to develop his lower body for a bit adding strength, but he may be a late round/UDFA developmental tackle like we always take something like a Jylan Ware.

With the draft being a week away. Here's what I'm thinking at this time. 

12. Jerry Jeudy WR - It’s Ruggs or Jeudy for me and I'm torn between the two. I will go with Jeudy he is the perfect fit for what Gruden will like. Can come in from day one and run the route concepts that Gruden likes.

19. Traded to GB for pick 30 and pick 63

30. AJ Terrell CB - Fits the mold of what the Raiders want at CB. Tall long and athletic. Not sure if he’s a day one starter, but someone they can at least get into the starting lineup my midseason at worst

63. Jordan Elliott DT – Raiders continue to look for talent at DT. Raiders continue to get stronger and better in the middle of the defense.

80. Terrell Burgess DB – Give the Raiders an option to replace Joyner in the slot or to replace Randall after this year. Provides good depth and a future starter on defense.

81. Jonathan Greenard EDGE – Raiders have some guys who can win with length and power. They’re lacking the speed guy the twitchy DE. Greenard is that guy. You can never have enough pass rush.

91. Bryan Edwards WR – Little early then I would take him, but I don’t think you will get a chance at him with the next pick. Big body WR who can help in the red zone. Coming off injury won’t need to come in from day one allow him to slowly come in.

121. AJ Dillion RB – Big boy at RB. He has shown good vision at BC. Will be able to spell Jacobs and be the goal line back if needed. Decent enough pass catcher.

160. Davion Taylor LB – At this point, you’re looking for fast athletic players who you can groom into a starter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

And the alternative is to go 5-11 with Tyrod Taylor as your starting QB and probably not going to be in range to Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields next year.

Herbert is not a bad prospect. He has a lot going for him. Any other year people would be talking about him going in the top 3.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Tula getting injured again ( which is a certainty )will get everybody fired.

I think the Raiders have a real shot at him at 12.

Ehh. With a player like Tua you're potentially getting a Russell Wilson/Drew Brees type of player. With their defense, an improved OL, weapons, and a young star QB they'd be right in the mix of things in the AFC. As we've seen with Arizona too, if he doesn't seem like he's the guy and you have a shot at Fields or Lawerence next year, you can always swing again.

3 hours ago, massraider said:

If we take a WR in the 1st, and are going offense-heavy in the draft, this might be a chance worth taking in the 3rd round:

He only had 77 touches last year, this is definitely a riskier pick than some, but is pretty unique. He's going to be a RB in the NFL, and as a 3rd RB to Jacobs and Jalen, he's completely different than both of them, and he's running back kickoffs, running deep posts from the slot, and he runs a 4.39.  

A true mismatch in a lot of scenarios in the passing game.

Gibson is a guy that I've mocked to us in the 3rd/4th a bunch of times. One of the most explosive players in the draft and a guy you can move all over the field to create mismatches. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Tua with Ekeler, Allen, Henry, Williams, and an improved OL could be scary.

3 hours ago, massraider said:

Gibson is intriguing.  Just to play devil advocate though... despite his 228lb frame  it’s questionable that he’s going to be able to run between the tackles effectively and carry the load with 20+ runs if needed due to injuries.  He may be more of a low volume but big play potential RB.