Official 2020 CB/S Thread

CalhounLambeau

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

I feel like Reggie Robinson is THE sleeper of the draft.  The more I watch of him the more I wonder why he's not being considered in early rounds.

He's the sleeper of the CB group, for sure, but he does have his holes. I don't think he makes it out of round 4, and I could see Seattle taking him in round 3.

Edited by Jeezla

On 4/1/2020 at 10:47 AM, Fullback said:

What's the buzz on Kenny Robinson? He was great at WVU, stood out in the XFL and is eligible for the draft. Imo he is a 2nd round prospect. If he had played another season at WVU and confirmed his first 2 seasons, imo he would've had a 1st round shot with good athletic testing at the Combine. For obvious reasons though Robinson is probably more likely to get the call on day 3 than on day 2. My comparison for him is Byard of the Titans.

https://www.si.com/college/westvirginia/mountaineers-in-the-pros/kenny-robinson-projected-as-a-first-round-pick-by-pro-football-focus

Surprised I haven't read more about him in the draft media. I have a friend with connections to his agency and they say he's going sometime on day 2. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 1:47 PM, Fullback said:

What's the buzz on Kenny Robinson? He was great at WVU, stood out in the XFL and is eligible for the draft. Imo he is a 2nd round prospect. If he had played another season at WVU and confirmed his first 2 seasons, imo he would've had a 1st round shot with good athletic testing at the Combine. For obvious reasons though Robinson is probably more likely to get the call on day 3 than on day 2. My comparison for him is Byard of the Titans.

https://www.si.com/college/westvirginia/mountaineers-in-the-pros/kenny-robinson-projected-as-a-first-round-pick-by-pro-football-focus

I sat down and watched him. I wasn't a fan. He has an all or nothing approach. Love his ball-skills and range. Has plenty of man coverage potential as a S. But his bad tackling, poor angles, and lack of discipline were too much for me. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I sat down and watched him. I wasn't a fan. He has an all or nothing approach. Love his ball-skills and range. Has plenty of man coverage potential as a S. But his bad tackling, poor angles, and lack of discipline were too much for me. 

I agree that discipline and tackling are his main weaknesses. However, both can be coached to a degree. You can't coach range and natural playmaking ability. In a pass-happy league, Kenny Robinson can definitely be a very good FS.

36 minutes ago, Macc_Aviv said:

Surprised I haven't read more about him in the draft media. I have a friend with connections to his agency and they say he's going sometime on day 2. 

That would be great for him. I could see him going in the mid-late 2nd to a team in need of a true FS. In the 3rd round I think Kenny Robinson is a steal for whoever selects him! Let alone if he slips to day 3. I'm very surprised that there isn't more buzz about him. Especially with his unique path through the XFL.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 1:27 AM, Daniel said:

I feel like Reggie Robinson is THE sleeper of the draft.  The more I watch of him the more I wonder why he's not being considered in early rounds.

I’m a big fan of Robinson as a sleeper prospect.  LJarius Sneed of La Tech too

8 minutes ago, Fullback said:

I agree that discipline and tackling are his main weaknesses. However, both can be coached to a degree. You can't coach range and natural playmaking ability. In a pass-happy league, Kenny Robinson can definitely be a very good FS.

Somebody will take that risk. I just wouldn't be that guy. I'd rather take a shot on Julian Blackmon in the middle of the draft.

Jaylon Johnson, AJ Terrell, Trevon Diggs, Kristian Fulton, Jeff Okudah, Jeff Gladney, and CJ Henderson every target for 2019:

I really like Jaylon Johnson's coverage. Once again, he's been very slept on this draft process. Glad he's finally getting 1st Round hype these past two weeks among media/fans, although he was always a 1st Round Pick among teams imo.

• Like 2