What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

Indian food for dinner last night, as well as lunch and dinner today.

As a white dude from the PNW, I may be pushing my luck.

Edit: Some people in the PNW consider some brands of ketchup to have a bit too much of a kick. It’s damaged our genes in terms of our ability to handle anything considered “spiced” or “with spices”

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dome said:

Edit: Some people in the PNW consider some brands of ketchup to have a bit too much of a kick. It’s damaged our genes in terms of our ability to handle anything considered “spiced” or “with spices”

Nice flex **** ***

Just now, Tyty said:

Nice flex **** ***

I went to grubhub order Indian food right after talking to y’all and my bank freaked out and blocked the order and put a hold on my card so I had to jump through hoops it get it off hold. I’ve only had this bank for 1 month after having my prior bank since I was 15 and I’ve already had problems 

4 hours ago, Dome said:

We get it, you’re white.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

I went to grubhub order Indian food right after talking to y’all and my bank freaked out and blocked the order and put a hold on my card so I had to jump through hoops it get it off hold. I’ve only had this bank for 1 month after having my prior bank since I was 15 and I’ve already had problems 

How was the Indian food tho 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dome said:

How was the Indian food tho 

Oh I didn’t get it. I tried to get it on grubhub right after talking to y’all the other day and my bank freaked out and blocked the order and put a hold on my card so I had to jump through hoops it get it off hold. I’ve only had this bank for 1 month after having my prior bank since I was 15 and I’ve already had problems 

15 hours ago, Dome said:

Wife and her people are from just outside Seattle. I added red pepper flakes when I cooked the asparagus for a family dinner last week. SIL's husband and I didn't notice, but her whole family was violently sweating and asking why it was so spicy.

We made butternut squash and black bean tostadas last night. I want to like butternut squash, but I can't do it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Wife and her people are from just outside Seattle. I added red pepper flakes when I cooked the asparagus for a family dinner last week. SIL's husband and I didn't notice, but her whole family was violently sweating and asking why it was so spicy.

Any farther north than Seattle and that technically would’ve been attempted murder.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Did some buttermilk fried chicken, but i feel so bad throwing out dead oil.  Like...i know it dead, but i feel like i should be able to reclaim it somehow.

You can.  Filter it through a coffee filter and you can reuse frying oil until it gets too much of a burned taste.

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

You can.  Filter it through a coffee filter and you can reuse frying oil until it gets too much of a burned taste.

I don't really deep fry things often enough for that to make sense.  But good tip, nonetheless.  I also used some butter in the oil, so that's probably kaput anyway.