What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Wife wanted a griddle for some reason so we ditched our grill and got a 28" one. Just made a couple burgers and a ribeye on it tonight and it was damn exquisite. Cleaning it sucks though. My first griddle. Anyone have any tips for cooking, cleaning, anything I should know?

Depends on the material of the griddle top.  

One of the common misconceptions, especially in restaurants, is to use ice.  Instead ice will cause it to eventually form small cracks.  It is best to scrape while still warmt, and use warm water to clean it.  Having a metal spatula will allow you to use the same tool to cook and clean up.  

The type of top will determine what kind of brush/grill block would be the best for cleaning it.  It would be benefit you to season it in between uses

• Like 1

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Depends on the material of the griddle top.  

One of the common misconceptions, especially in restaurants, is to use ice.  Instead ice will cause it to eventually form small cracks.  It is best to scrape while still warmt, and use warm water to clean it.  Having a metal spatula will allow you to use the same tool to cook and clean up.  

The type of top will determine what kind of brush/grill block would be the best for cleaning it.  It would be benefit you to season it in between uses

Spray it with olive oil too while it’s hot and then scrape. The oil will help it with cracks/cleaning in those grooves. As you said, the top type maters.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@ET80 brother can you resend me that recipe to those pork chops????? I'm making them again tonight and have misplaced it!

I gotchu, fam...

https://funnyisfamily.com/2016/08/north-carolina-bbq-pork-chops.html

I'm actually making Dr. Pepper baby back ribs in the slow cooker today. Last time was near perfect, but I have a few additional ideas I'd like to incorporate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I gotchu, fam...

https://funnyisfamily.com/2016/08/north-carolina-bbq-pork-chops.html

I'm actually making Dr. Pepper baby back ribs in the slow cooker today. Last time was near perfect, but I have a few additional ideas I'd like to incorporate.

You're the MAN! My wife sends a big THANK YOU your way. She loved them last time. Our 9 years of marriage has evolved towards me gradually pushing her more and more outside of her comfort zone on spices/flavors, so this spicy dry rub with the brown sugar mixed in and balanced with the apple cider vinegar/ketchup/honey/Worcestershire based sauce knocked it out of the park. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 9:08 AM, ET80 said:

I'm actually making Dr. Pepper baby back ribs in the slow cooker today.

So, where are you moving to? You're definitely not allowed to stay in Texas after using a Crockpot on ribs. 

I smoked a pork butt. 

5 hours ago, MrDrew said:

So, where are you moving to? You're definitely not allowed to stay in Texas after using a Crockpot on ribs. 

I smoked a pork butt. 

I've done it before. It works well, provided you plan on broiling then in the oven afterwards to get a little char and caralamize the sauce. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrDrew said:

I smoked a pork butt. 

It was the only way I could do the Dr Pepper effectively - and Dr. Pepper is pretty much as Texas as you can get, so they cancel out.