What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

• 2 weeks later...

Chicken chickpea burgers.

Since ground chicken can be dry, I minced some chicken skin to include in the patty.  I roasted some garlic in the oven and mixed it into mayonnaise and also made a caramelized onion and tomato jam. Melted muenster cheese on the patty as a I finished cooking in the skillet. Served on a Martin's potato roll with dill pickle chips, bibb lettuce, and spicy brown mustard.  Something about the combo of the pickles and jam just works incredibly well together.

I did a slow cooker pork tenderloin with a brown sugar based rub with some more potent spices like paprika, pepper, salt, thyme, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, and minced onions mixed in to balance the sweet and spicy together. It was a big hit. I slow cooked it in apple cider vinegar.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 9:36 AM, ET80 said:

Korean beef with rice and cucumbers. It's now a staple in my arsenal, I could make this blindfolded and drunk (which was half the case yesterday...)

Like this post if you’re being held hostage 

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 9:01 AM, fraziafraze07 said:

Chicken chickpea burgers.

Since ground chicken can be dry, I minced some chicken skin to include in the patty.  I roasted some garlic in the oven and mixed it into mayonnaise and also made a caramelized onion and tomato jam. Melted muenster cheese on the patty as a I finished cooking in the skillet. Served on a Martin's potato roll with dill pickle chips, bibb lettuce, and spicy brown mustard.  Something about the combo of the pickles and jam just works incredibly well together.

I've done bacon and onion jam, how did this work with the tomato?

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I've done bacon and onion jam, how did this work with the tomato?

Oh man, it was delicious. I caramelized the onions in butter, so that added something in terms of fat.  Obviously bacon fat is going to give you a very distinct flavor, but since I'm allergic to pork, that's out for me.  My recipe had onion, butter, heirloom tomatoes, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, red pepper flakes, white sugar, and brown sugar.  There was about a cup and a half of sugar vs. one onion and two big tomatoes, but it the jam didn't come out sweet. It was a savory explosion.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyty said:
On 7/18/2020 at 8:36 AM, ET80 said:

Korean beef with rice and cucumbers. It's now a staple in my arsenal, I could make this blindfolded and drunk (which was half the case yesterday...)

Like this post if you’re being held hostage 

korea

arsenal

blindfolded

Et is definitely trying to tell us something

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I did a slow cooker pork tenderloin with a brown sugar based rub with some more potent spices like paprika, pepper, salt, thyme, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, and minced onions mixed in to balance the sweet and spicy together. It was a big hit. I slow cooked it in apple cider vinegar.

@ET80 I feel like I’m missing a glaze here on top of the rub. What should I do next time?

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

@ET80 I feel like I’m missing a glaze here on top of the rub. What should I do next time?

I've lately been playing around with Coconut Aminos - it's got a similar flavor to a very light soy sauce, I add it to the rub to make it a pasty consistency, then apply generously. Or, I apply the rub and then mix a half cup of Coconut Aminos with a tablespoon of Dijon mustard and use that

Coconut Aminos are paleo friendly, very versatile too.

http://www.plummarket.com/store/bragg-organic-coconut-aminos-10-oz.html?p_id=29025&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3s_4BRDPARIsAJsyoLM7ObtMHUC2-ZkJnKCtXHMBaP2b3L7d-wcd-xvpOOJVUBcFx2NT5BQaAn_DEALw_wcB

This is what I have...

• Like 1

Meal prepped today:

Breakfast - Made a sausage and egg casserole with sweet potatoes, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms.

Lunch 1 (Tu/Th): Pot Roast with onions, carrots and mushrooms. Made a bone broth based gravy to go with it.

Lunch 2: (M/W/F): Rosemary Chicken with carrots, mushrooms and bell peppers. Used ghee and rosemary on the chicken, olive oil on the veggies.

Dinner 1: (Tu/Th): Ground beef and mushroom soup with a coconut milk/beef broth.

Dinner 2: (M/W/F): Cucumber salad with tomatoes, onions, olives, avocados and chickpeas. The dressing is a mix of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, cayenne and garlic powder. 

The pot roast is just heavenly. Used my Dutch Oven, came out incredibly juicy and tender. I am my biggest critic when I cook... but this came out near flawless.

• Like 1