What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

I feel like we've had this conversation before...

For a first timer - go with the Samosas, Butter chicken, Saag paneer and Jasmin rice. Very basic in terms of flavors... but very flavorful nonetheless.

We have and I think I send you the same link but I have the memory and attention span of a rat but this time I’m actually going there 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tyty said:

We have and I think I send you the same link but I have the memory and attention span of a rat but this time I’m actually going there 

Fair point... Saag paneer and butter chicken with naan and jasmine rice are the best "starting" dishes, IMO. Once you determine if you like that, we can expand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Fair point... Saag paneer and butter chicken with naan and jasmine rice are the best "starting" dishes, IMO. Once you determine if you like that, we can expand.

Where would you say Chicken Tikka Masala (or whatever the entry level version of this dish is) land on the starting level? Feel like it's really mild on the spices and palatable for most anyone. 

We have one good Indian place in town and go there just for that... cause unlimited naan bread and like 6 dipping sauces (I only know what like 2 of them are) while you wait is 5/7 nearly perfect. 

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

Where would you say Chicken Tikka Masala (or whatever the entry level version of this dish is) land on the starting level? Feel like it's really mild on the spices and palatable for most anyone. 

Probably the next up after butter chicken - really, if you're into savory flavors, I'd actually go for the chicken tikka masala. We're not tackling goat vindoloo or beef korma just yet...

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

We have one good Indian place in town and go there just for that... cause unlimited naan bread and like 6 dipping sauces (I only know what like 2 of them are) while you wait is 5/7 nearly perfect.

Look into goat biryani - in essence, it's Indian fried rice with marinated goat, fried onions (on some methods of cooking it). Very savory, very flavorful - you can add in some of those dipping sauces (raitha) and get a great rice dish that obliterates any hunger you may have.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dome said:

I thought 5/7 is perfect tho

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

Probably the next up after butter chicken - really, if you're into savory flavors, I'd actually go for the chicken tikka masala. We're not tackling goat vindoloo or beef korma just yet...

Look into goat biryani - in essence, it's Indian fried rice with marinated goat, fried onions (on some methods of cooking it). Very savory, very flavorful - you can add in some of those dipping sauces (raitha) and get a great rice dish that obliterates any hunger you may have.

Actually yeah, if you’re a beginner, biryani of any kind is a good place to start. I order biryani sometimes myself. Stuff is good.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Actually yeah, if you’re a beginner, biryani of any kind is a good place to start. I order biryani sometimes myself. Stuff is good.

I swear, you're Indian - either actually, or honorary. 

On 7/18/2019 at 4:15 PM, Dome said:

sliced chicken breasts stuffed with horseradish, sharp cheddar and onions, wrapped in bacon and smoked. that was last night, it was a lot of prep so tonight I'm gonna get a sandwich from the deli

I just wanna ask how you sliced the chicken bosoms to make this delicacy.
Are you making it like a cordon blue where you pound your meat thin and then wrap it all up OR
is it more of a butterfly cut and then stuff it from there ?

Edited by Shanedorf

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

I just wanna ask how you sliced the chicken bosoms to make this delicacy.
Are you making it like a cordon blue where you pound your meat thin and then wrap it all up OR
is it more of a butterfly cut and then stuff it from there ?

I did a butterfly and positioned the bacon strategically with some toothpicks to keep anything from leaking out...

pound and wrap would work well too, whichever you wanted to try really 

• Like 1