What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

Guys, I’d highly recommend homemade French dip subs. 1 loaf-2 loaves Italian bread, a roast in a crockpot with a cup of Pinot noir, a couple cans of beef broth, and rub the rosy in salt, pepper, and dry French onion soup. Finish it in the oven (roast, bread, provolone) on 350 for 5-8 minutes to get it toasted and meted. Serve with au jois.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Guys, I’d highly recommend homemade French dip subs. 1 loaf-2 loaves Italian bread, a roast in a crockpot with a cup of Pinot noir, a couple cans of beef broth, and rub the rosy in salt, pepper, and dry French onion soup. Finish it in the oven (roast, bread, provolone) on 350 for 5-8 minutes to get it toasted and meted. Serve with au jois.

Roast, not rosy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

While I'm here - I'm actually using the Insta Pot today to make a Chicken Sausage and Mushroom Rissoto. I had sweet italian chicken sausage links I cut into slices, and I also had some sweet italian ground pork sausage, so I browned that and tossed it in with some arbioro rice, mushrooms and onions...

I used about four cups of chicken broth (boxed stuff) and a half cup of red wine (pinot noir) and it was looking really good when I left the house.

That's one thing I like about an Insta Pot - I can throw in portions, set it and walk away. 30 minutes later, I have a full meal.

I told you. Risotto is easy af in the IP. Game changer. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Of all the things on earth for me to dislike and/or be allergic to, rice... 🤷‍♂️ 

i just did a food allergy test and i was allergic to rice as well. and egg. and gluten in general. and peanuts. and almonds. and garlic. and mustard. and "reactive" to like 60 other things lol. 

i eat chicken and sweet potato for almost every meal lately 

8 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i just did a food allergy test and i was allergic to rice as well. and egg. and gluten in general. and peanuts. and almonds. and garlic. and mustard. and "reactive" to like 60 other things lol. 

i eat chicken and sweet potato for almost every meal lately 

Ugh man that’s brutal!

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

couscous

I’m trying to expand my food horizons a bit, as I’ve fallen into a rut