What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Father in law has a Traeger and we live with them. Anyone got any cool ideas for me for dinner tomorrow? It’s my night to cook. I did burgers last week and they were incredible.

My friend just got a Traeger recently, he did a pork butt and it turned out really good.  Those pellet grills are great for low and slow. 

My 3 year old loves oven roasted brussel sprouts with little EVOO, salt and pepper and a splash of lemon juice when they come out. Did that with some grilled chicken drumsticks (mesquite dry rub on ha;f and then BBQ sauce on the other half). Wife whipped up a little red pepper risotto side as well. It was a mouth watering meal...

On 9/7/2020 at 7:58 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Cooked a three pound tomahawk ribeye on my Big Green Egg today using the reverse-sear method for my stepfathers birthday.  Had baked potato and green beans for the sides, and my mom made a peach pie.  It was fantastic. 

I absolutely love my BGE, got it back around April-May, I've yet to do a reverse-sear.

I did 17lbs of pork shoulder last weekend for pulled pork tacos and will be trying my first ever brisket this weekend.

22 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Question, maybe @Dome or @ET80 @SwAg @LETSGOBROWNIES can help me here:

Is there any benefit to dry rubbing steaks before freezing them?

I got a GREAT deal on 4 steaks yesterday, and I'm rubbing two of them tonight/dry aging them before I cook them in a day or two, but I'm freezing the other two. Thanks in advance!

How long are you going to wait until you cook the other two?  If your dry rub has salt I wouldn’t freeze the steaks at all.