What Did You Cook for Dinner?

MKnight82

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight i went back to Taco Tuesday because days don't matter and i think i made Fajitas anyway.  Marinated some steak half the day with lime juice, a bit of olive oil, coarse salt, and garlic, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes, paprika, and i think i sprinkled it with oregano.  Then seared the heck out of it, sauteed some some bell pepper and onion, made a guac, grated a ton of cheese...and drank margaritas.

Mostly drank margaritas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:
23 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I cooked up a couple of steaks last night and finished them in red wine and butter. 

Mistake.  Always remember order of operation rules.

Finish all of the wine first, then add butter.

...I said red wine and butter in that order for a reason 

• Like 1

last night made fried chicken and salad

made some spicy honey sauce for the chicken and used that to make a honey, lemon, olive oil, etc dressing for the salad

tonight made tostadas. refried beans and ground beef, avocados, + rest of veggies, cheese and homemade salsa

both were delicious 

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 6:34 AM, TENINCH said:

I'll be making Chicken Katsu tonight. None of you are invited!

katsu2.JPG

made this a couple of times on your inspiration and man it's so good, had a lot of it over the years at japanese restaurants because i quite like japanese cuisine but it's so easy to make at home too!

have you got the tonkatsu for it or is that a different sauce?

Edited by Shady Slim

Wife wanted a griddle for some reason so we ditched our grill and got a 28" one. Just made a couple burgers and a ribeye on it tonight and it was damn exquisite. Cleaning it sucks though. My first griddle. Anyone have any tips for cooking, cleaning, anything I should know?