Seahawks DL Jarron Reed suspended 6 games

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Was going to come and post something similar. Wonder if they make a call to Wilkerson? 

Lots of rumors they're going to reach out to Ahtyba Rubin.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Corey Liuget and Haloti still out there too.  I'd contend Wilkerson projects to have the better skillset for who he'd be covering for, but if you're looking at who would project better to slide over and play alongside Reed when he's back, that might actually be Liuget.

Haloti retired.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Haloti retired.

Retirement is so fluid these days.  Granted, he's almost assuredly not in "football shape" right now, but we've seen a number of players of late get the itch to come back when the right opportunity presented itself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Retirement is so fluid these days.  Granted, he's almost assuredly not in "football shape" right now, but we've seen a number of players of late get the itch to come back when the right opportunity presented itself.

Sure, and though I'm no expert obviously I just don't think Haloti is that guy. He's been tailing off for a few years now, so it's not like he has much left to offer.

I was going to make some cheeky post about the NFL not being inconsistent but just having different morals and values then most people. However after looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suspensions_in_the_National_Football_League I really can't find any sense to the madness. I mean  burglary and kidnapping (1 game), having two DUI arrest (2 games), child endangerement (3 games), conduct detrimental by using gay slurs (1 game), arrest for battery (1 game), stomping on another player (5 games), accidental shooting of a firearm (4 games), recieving improper benefits (5 games).

Also pretty hilarious to see how often "indefinite" get overturned in a year. I know most of the bans are team imposed but even a few that I would reckon are league imposed seem to get overturned in no time at all.

I'm not going to make comments about the Tyreek Hill case because I don't know all the details there and I surely know even less about Jarron Reed's situation.  It's unfortunate because he had a breakout year last season and the team really needs him.  Hopefully he comes back with a vengeance after his suspension.

• Like 1

If I were the NFL, I would want to give the reasoning behind suspending him but not Hill.

Also makes you wonder - if this incident happened almost two years ago, and the NFL just now handed this out - are they going to investigate Hill like this? Maybe a suspension will be coming for him in a year or two?

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

If I were the NFL, I would want to give the reasoning behind suspending him but not Hill.

Also makes you wonder - if this incident happened almost two years ago, and the NFL just now handed this out - are they going to investigate Hill like this? Maybe a suspension will be coming for him in a year or two?

What about hte opposite:

The NFL investigated the Hill situatoin and had the resolution in months, whereas it's been a year and a half since Reed's "incident" and they're just now suspending him.

• Like 1

Surprised that a non-arrest from 2017 has taken this long, and resulted in a lengthy suspension. This has to hurt Seattle's defensive line rotation while they wait for his return.

The NFL needs to be more consistent with their punishments.

Tyreek Hill: History of scum behavior, facing allegations under an ongoing police investigation. No suspension.

Jarran Reed: Faced allegations, no criminal charges rendered, investigation closed. Suspended for 6 games, 27 months later.

Is anybody surprised here? Anybody?

Edited by Yin-Yang

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

Corey Liuget and Haloti still out there too.  I'd contend Wilkerson projects to have the better skillset for who he'd be covering for, but if you're looking at who would project better to slide over and play alongside Reed when he's back, that might actually be Liuget.

Didn't Ngata retire? How does he have anything left in the tank

This is a very strange suspension though. 6 games is no joke for no arrest or anything 

Seattle ESPN radio reporting its related to a domestic violence incident. Police investigated and didn’t charge or arrest Reed but the NFL investigation found him culpable.

I’d give anything to have all the fact the NFL have about this case versus Hill’s

full transparency is what the NFL needs. if they’re not going to be consistent they need to explain why.

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Tyreek Hill: History of scum behavior, facing allegations under an ongoing police investigation. No suspension.

Jarran Reed: Faced allegations, no criminal charges rendered, investigation closed. Suspended for 6 games, 27 months later.

Is anybody surprised here? Anybody?

The police investigation is not ongoing.

Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe told Pryor and Laura Bauerin a June 7 email the investigation into Hill was no longer ongoing: "It is not an active investigation. As in any case, if we receive additional evidence we reevaluate."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2843262-tyreek-hill-not-suspended-by-nfl-after-child-abuse-allegations-investigation