NFL Preseason GDT Week 2

SteelKing728

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Cardinals should consider starting Hundley. The offensive line isn't going to be good and Kyler doesn't need to have his confidence shattered early. 

Wouldn't being benched for Hundley be enough to shatter any QB's confidence though?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

3rd time. What's weird he does it every play. Why does he randomly get called sometimes?

He is moving while he is clapping. You can't move like that. If you were under center and you dipped your head too low while giving a hard count, it would be a flag. It's essentially the same thing. He is clapping, then moving, in an attempt to get the defense to also move. Once you come set you have to stay set.

It's a rookie/bush league manuver to be honest. They may seem 'ticky tacky' but it's preseason, all crews throw flags now for stuff they wouldn't during the season to get guys to clean things up. 

Teams always tell officials before the game starts "watch this guy break rule x in certain situations" and then the officials look for it, and give out warnings as necessary. The raiders obviously told them to look for this 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Wouldn't being benched for Hundley be enough to shatter any QB's confidence though?

Perhaps. I just look at Kyler and see a guy that has always been ultra successful in every thing he's done. And from the outside, I see someone that has an awful attitude that wouldn't be conducive to struggling. He laughed off his awful preseason game today. I would have liked to see him take accountability and say he needs to play better because he did miss several throws. 

I feel for the Cardinals. One pre-season game yes, but this finesse offense isn't going to work against a physical NFC West. Further, why is Vance Joseph the DC? What has that guy ever done as a coordinator or coach? I truly don't understand how he keeps getting chances despite proving a failure now in 2 spots. That defense is going to get worked in the West. 

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I feel for the Cardinals. One pre-season game yes, but this finesse offense isn't going to work against a physical NFC West. Further, why is Vance Joseph the DC? What has that guy ever done as a coordinator or coach? I truly don't understand how he keeps getting chances despite proving a failure now in 2 spots. That defense is going to get worked in the West. 

I would not be surprised if the Cards have an all-time bad defense for the PPG and yards per game ... Not only because of Vance Joseph, but also because they are going to have a high pace offense, which can be a killer for a defense, when the offense have a lot of 3 and out and their defense is going to be on the field for 33-34 minutes per game because of that

The eagles had this problem with Chip Kelly

14 hours ago, SkippyX said:

These whiny announcers need to deal with the fact that cheaters will be called for cheating on PI reviews.

I just watched the sad sack Jags color guy crying about his hurt feelings because the DB got caught grabbing a handful of jersey.

It went back to the NFL Network studio and we had to hear more whining about it.

I want a league with less cheating. No DB ever should be grabbing a jersey of a receiver.

If this rule hurts the Richard Shermans of the world then the NFL becomes a better product.

Im glad they are coming down harder on grabbing. Grabbing is just a short cut for lazy technique. Still don't know why DB's don't practice with boxing gloves or tapped up hands.

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

Im glad they are coming down harder on grabbing. Grabbing is just a short cut for lazy technique. Still don't know why DB's don't practice with boxing gloves or tapped up hands.

Not sure how many hockey fans are here but the game has still not recovered from the clutch and grab 90s.

Watching hockey in the '80s was amazing. Now its just meh unless you are in the building.

We want to see the best players make plays, not pathetic losers cheating to stop them from making those plays.

9 hours ago, N4L said:

The raiders obviously told them to look for this 

Well, no. Its preseason, the Raiders weren't worried about it lol. Kliff is the one that brought the conversation up pregame (they literally showed it on the broadcast). Obviously so they could work it out before the reg season. Also the ref in game (the one on the broadcast) and one on Twitter said they were being super strict and didn't think he did anything wrong. One time he did flare his hands forward (like you were trying to scare someone) so that one makes sense. But two other times he literally just clapped. And the lineman jumped and he got called for not clapping smoothly enough. 

9 hours ago, N4L said:

He is moving while he is clapping. You can't move like that. If you were under center and you dipped your head too low while giving a hard count, it would be a flag. It's essentially the same thing. He is clapping, then moving, in an attempt to get the defense to also move. Once you come set you have to stay set.

Also no. The refs told K1 and K2 that it was because he was clapping too abruptly, not smooth enough. Which is the rule lol. The broadcast ref didn't know why he was called for it, Dean Blandino said on Twitter they were just calling it too strictly and he didn't think he was doing anything wrong. 

Edited by 11sanchez11