Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

Just now, ACO said:

Andrew is being clear at the podium. He expresses how he is still in a lot of pain and has been dealing with pain for 4 years. All he does is rehab. He is not happy and wants to live his life.

Yep, he's speaking like his very clear in his decision and handling the entire world watching him very well.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Damn, you still think they're a playoff team without Luck?  That's going out on a limb.  I respect it.

All things considered, Jacoby did well when he played with this dumpster fire of a team a couple of years ago. They've vastly improved the entire team since then. They'll definitely be in the wildcard race at the end of the year. Need to give Chris Ballard props for not dealing him. 

I don't think the issue is Andrew Luck retiring.  I think the issue is the timing of it.  Most people are assuming (unless he said this) that he's retiring because of everything that's happened injuries, rehab, being drained, etc.  A lot of people also know he has a wife and kid(s).  Everyone can understand those reasons for retiring.  It's not that.

People are ticked off because he retired right now.  I know, I know.  He can do whatever he wants, it's his decision, when it's time to hang it up you just know.... yea yea yea.  But that's the reason people are mad.  If he retired in March, almost nobody would be reacting in a rude way to it.  This is the timing and remember... it was his decision to do it now.

He needs to accept those boos.

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:
54 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Brady isn’t gonna be done in two years tbh

btw Tom Brady has now outlasted every 2012 QB... except Matty Barks

Barkley counts but not rg3?

I have no idea what he means.

Because Wilson, Foles and Cousins are active starters

And Matt Barkley was drafted in '13?

Respect to dude for walking away from the game he loves for completely valid reasons. There's a life beyond football, and all the money in the world wouldn't be worth if if you have to live your entire life in pain.

Also, the fans in attendance are complete schmucks and deplorable human beings.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I don't think the issue is Andrew Luck retiring.  I think the issue is the timing of it.  Most people are assuming (unless he said this) that he's retiring because of everything that's happened injuries, rehab, being drained, etc.  A lot of people also know he has a wife and kid(s).  Everyone can understand those reasons for retiring.  It's not that.

People are ticked off because he retired right now.  I know, I know.  He can do whatever he wants, it's his decision, when it's time to hang it up you just know.... yea yea yea.  But that's the reason people are mad.  If he retired in March, almost nobody would be reacting in a rude way to it.  This is the timing and remember... it was his decision to do it now.

He needs to accept those boos.

What if it had to do with his current injury being worse than previously known or reported? Does he deserve the boos, then?

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

Luck said he wanted to announce it tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if Irsay leaked it to one up Luck and make awkward for Luck while still in the middle of a preseason game.

Irsay does seem that level petty

Archived