Texans trade DE Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle for Barkevious Mingo

Steelersfan43

46 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

This might be the worst trade in NFL history without factoring in hindsight. 

Hey hey hey, let's not forget that Houston was somehow able to pry **** BARKEVIOUS MINGO****!!!!! away from Seattle in this trade!

Barkevious, former #6-overall First Round Pick, 2013, of the Cleveland Browns!

Barkevious doesn't turn 29 until October 4 of this year, so he's still a kid!

Now on his, what, seventh or eighth NFL team, maybe the time has come for ****BARKEVIOUS MINGO****!!!! to at long-last develop into that pass-rushing stud he was forecast to be, yea, these half-dozen years past!

And if he doesn't? Whyyyy, there are still a number of NFL teams who have yet to give Barkevious another chance.

Let the Legend live on!!!

(Sexy photo of Barkevious Mingo)

Image result for Barkevious Mingo 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Why would Seattle do this if they traded away Kenny Clark? Makes no sense and counter productive. 

Because they can get Clowney as a 1-year rental and then recoup their investment if he walks OR sign him to a long term deal WHILE STILL having an additional 1st and 2nd round pick for the Frank Clark trade?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because they can get Clowney as a 1-year rental and then recoup their investment if he walks OR sign him to a long term deal WHILE STILL having an additional 1st and 2nd round pick for the Frank Clark trade?

Right till clowney only plays 3 games lol. I

get it but I don’t. It’s like the rams making a ton of trade downs to get assets but then making that trade for Henderson. Counter productive IMO. But like I said 8-8 never looked better. 

Just now, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Right till clowney only plays 3 games lol. I

get it but I don’t. It’s like the rams making a ton of trade downs to get assets but then making that trade for Henderson. Counter productive IMO. But like I said 8-8 never looked better. 

If Clowney plays 3 games he still signs elsewhere next year for a massive deal and the Seahawks get their 3rd round pick back as a compensatory pick. Have you seen what their DL/pass rush looks like without Clowney? It's downright awful, and they're still needing to compete. This move makes all the sense in the world considering Clowney is a more proven commodity than Frank Clark was.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I think in the mean time you should get Webby to change your name to Beef Supreme until the fire BoB

Webby already stated the deadline has passed for the season.  He's stuck with the name for at least 9 more months.

Over to you, EliteTragedy80.

YKIgPcv.gif

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, animaltested said:

That being said, I don't think Houston got swindled. As a fan you would want a lot more value, but what they ended up with is NOT horrible.

1. Mingo was a solid LB, and great special teams player last year. He just didn't have a spot this year with the drafting of Barton and BKK, and couldn't make the switch to edge. He should contribute well in 2019.

2. Jacob Martin could be a really good player. Depending on how is used/lines up, he could give you 5-8 sacks. He was a 6th Round pick that saw a lot of snaps in Seattles NASCAR and Dime packages. He is very quick off the ball, and really pushes the edge with this speed and quickness. 

3. Houston get their potential comp pick a year early. Could be a nice carrot for the incoming GM.

So they got a special teams player that was going to get cut anyway, a backup LB, and a 3rd round pick for one of the best edge players in the league and its good value? No way.