Texans trade DE Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle for Barkevious Mingo

Steelersfan43

This is probably the best Houston could get for him at this point, but that doesn’t make it any less of a disaster.

When you saw Frank Clark go for a first and second, you need to immediately and aggressively shop your disgruntled pass rusher, not sit back and wait for the extension deadline to pass to kill all leverage.

I guess these are the kinds of things that happen when you promote a head coach that’s been on the hot seat for a decade.

Even as an injury concern, Clowney has either led or been top 3 in run stuffs for over the last 3 years. He's also top 8 in Hurries in most years. His disruption in terms of traditional box-score stats is missed. He's elite in disruption metrics if elite is defined as being top 6 or so. Terrible. Terrible trade for the Texans. 

if you're going to trade Clowney for nothing, why not trade him for things that have the opportunity to protect your franchise QB?  Trade Clowney for 3 Offensive Lineman... Trade Clowney for a WR2 to take the pressure off of Hopkins.

They traded for need ... "we're losing DEs so let's get back DE's" ... speaks of a coach-centered decision...

Ridiculous....

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 5

Just now, ET80 said:

I'm trying to get away from this nonsense, not swan dive into a blender...

tumblr_nhkmwkBhKV1rj31jbo2_500.gif

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Come with me. Or, become a Falcons fan, so the prophesy can be fulfilled on the grassy field of Armageddon...

WAR-Series.jpg

• Like 1