The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

Uh ohhhhhh, Glazer just mentioned "Packers looking for WR" and then mentioned DeAndre Hopkins (not sure why the Texans would ever trade him but then again they have no GM and Bill O'Brien is f'ing nuts) but let's have some fun.

What would you give for Hop, probably the best WR in football? 

Edited by packfanfb

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Uh ohhhhhh, Glazer just mentioned "Packers looking for WR" and then mentioned DeAndre Hopkins (not sure why the Texans would ever trade him but then again they have no GM and Bill O'Brien is f'ing nuts) but let's have some fun.

Im not sure this is possible really I have no idea what his contract looks like as far as the break down but didnt he sign a huge deal last year or the year before. I think it would take a kings ransom. This is the type of move you only make if you think you are only missing that one piece. I would guess a 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 with a player? I dont know i just cant seem to make this reasonable for either team really.

39 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

They would and should hangup on you until you offer a 1st, from there a 2021 conditional pick and some young players.

I wouldn't do this, but let's say we had to make a fair offer, I'd say 2020 1st, 2021 conditional that goes as high as a 2nd, Josh Jackson and EQ for Hopkins.

18 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Im not sure this is possible really I have no idea what his contract looks like as far as the break down but didnt he sign a huge deal last year or the year before. I think it would take a kings ransom. This is the type of move you only make if you think you are only missing that one piece. I would guess a 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 with a player? I dont know i just cant seem to make this reasonable for either team really.

It's 5 years and 80 mil which isn't terrible for a WR of his caliber. Would imagine Houston eats some guaranteed money if they deal him. 

In GB, we could spend that money more effectively, but a team like SF who needs a legit #1, that contract is not crippling.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Josh Jackson

58 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Stop with the Hopkins to the Packers., Texans won't trade him good grief.

Because this post was serious? Are you on drugs all the time? How did you not get that I'm mocking the idea by saying Josh Jackson?

Did we move Rashan Gary to ILB because he can do it yet?

Hey how about Kumerow DESTROYING NUMBER ONE CORNERS every week...

Don't reply to me anymore. Please and thanks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Norm said:

Because this post was serious? Are you on drugs all the time? How did you not get that I'm mocking the idea by saying Josh Jackson?

Did we move Rashan Gary to ILB because he can do it yet?

Hey how about Kumerow DESTROYING NUMBER ONE CORNERS every week...

Don't reply to me anymore. Please and thanks.

Shees, you do love to get your panties in a bunch. Maybe not post when you're out of Midol and/or Pall Malls?!?- just a thought.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Yeah, I don't see Hopkins. The Texans aren't selling off players... But, another WR would be nice. I'd like Anderson a lot, but I don't know if he can get rhythm with Rodgers in a mid season trade.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We need go go defense at the deadline if we make a move.  We're fine on offense .. especially once Adams returns.  I think we are leaky on defense.  We could use Dline and/or Linebacker.  

Our wrs outside Adams have played one good game all year (Oakland). When Jones was out we were worthless tonight.  A compliment would help dramatically. 

• Like 1