The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

48 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

The tick-tock of the clock is painful, all sane and logical.
I want to tear it off the wall.
I hear words and clips and phrases,
I think sick like ginger ale.
My stomach turns and I exhale

I remember singing this at the top of my lungs running around downtown LA Crosse in a drunken blur.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

The tick-tock of the clock is painful, all sane and logical.
I want to tear it off the wall.
I hear words and clips and phrases,
I think sick like ginger ale.
My stomach turns and I exhale

I pictured the music video in my head

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

And that's why they have sucked for years!

I don't blame them. Unless you can get a second+ round pick for a guy, it is better just to keep talent. There are comp pick considerations (3rds for high priced). Plus even bad teams have to have some vets who can play. Starting 3 round rookies guarantees you will suck for years due to a crap culture. Players like Rosen are now ruined.

29 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I don't blame them. Unless you can get a second+ round pick for a guy, it is better just to keep talent. There are comp pick considerations (3rds for high priced). Plus even bad teams have to have some vets who can play. Starting 3 round rookies guarantees you will suck for years due to a crap culture. Players like Rosen are now ruined.

You should never agree with the FO of the Cincinnati Bengals. They made an actual effort to be good, and they're worse than the Dolphins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

Mediocre franchises stay mediocre because they make poor decisions.  Nobody is suggesting that the Bengals should pull the same stunt the Dolphins are, but moving on from guys who aren't going to be productive when they're relevant again is poor asset management.  IF they can get a Day 2 pick for AJ Green, they should do it.

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If we don’t trade Jackson by tomorrow I’m gonna be pissed, too.  There’s gotta be some interest there from somebody.  I better wake up to us making a trade tomorrow or I’m gonna be pissed.

Going to bed ready to be angry in the morning....not conducive to sweet dreams!

Everyone realizes they aren’t trading for anyone? Gute is aggressive, but he isn’t going to be that aggressive. I think he was expecting to be a playoff team but not top three in the league good.

I think he wants to hold onto his draft capital. Plus I don’t think, at least the names being reported, that there is anyone out there that can help the middle of the defense.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Everyone realizes they aren’t trading for anyone? Gute is aggressive, but he isn’t going to be that aggressive. I think he was expecting to be a playoff team but not top three in the league good.

I think he wants to hold onto his draft capital. Plus I don’t think, at least the names being reported, that there is anyone out there that can help the middle of the defense.

I could see something with a 5th, 6th, 7th moving around. I dont see a premium getting out anymore though.