Nex_Gen

Who wins?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Packers
    • Bears
    • TNF Is Cursed: Patriots & Steelers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2019 at 12:00 AM

10 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Just make sure you give him credit for the losses. Joe Flacco, Jake Plummer, Jim Everett, or Mark Sanchez. :) 

He badly mismanaged FGs/4th downs in Denver in the 2015 AFCCG..

He is human. It’s just that he is a better coach than any 2 other humans combined.

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

No he doesn’t. He’s really good and is easily their best RB.

That's your opinion and is simply a projection at this point.  We don't have anything to go off of yet, except his 3 YPC with 6 carries in his one career game where he looked passable as an NFL running back.  He was outperformed on the ground by Mike Davis last night.  It's only one game, so it doesn't matter and time will tell, but it's also too early to proclaim him the best offensive player on the team given we haven't seen him play outside of a few carries.

And he definitely lacks acceleration.  Read his scouting reports and watch his tape.  It's his biggest flaw physically.  He looked slow on handoffs last night.

Edited by fortdetroit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

No he doesn’t. He’s really good and is easily their best RB.

The Bears offensive lineup of weapons as a whole is very "Meh"

That said I did take Montgomery in Fantasy as a stash player because I could see him being this years Nick Chubb.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

The Bears offensive lineup of weapons as a whole is very "Meh"

That said I did take Montgomery in Fantasy as a stash player because I could see him being this years Nick Chubb.

Cohen is basically a slot receiver now. Even on a night where he seemingly did nothing, he got 10 points in half point PPR leagues.  Throw in a touchdown here and there, and he's a decent flex

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

Cohen is basically a slot receiver now. Even on a night where he seemingly did nothing, he got 10 points in half point PPR leagues.  Throw in a touchdown here and there, and he's a decent flex

13 points in full PPR leagues lol. Full PPR is so dumb.

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Nagy gets an F for focusing the entire organization on their broken heart from that mean Cody Parkey.

How dare he not block Treyvon Hester as well as kick the ball!

Nagy and his team were pathetically unprepaired for that game.

I agree that Nagy did not have his team prepared. There were delay of game penalties and multiple times they had only 10 players on the field. I think part of that is a symptom of him holding back his starters in preseason. Those reps are important so you don't come out as flat as they did.

• Like 3

Didn't take the time to read the thread but for me Nagy made the bone head call going for it on 4th and 10 if FG range when he could have made it a 1 point game.  If you can't trust your kicker to kick a 51 yard FG then get a new kicker or pin them deep and try to get a 3 and out and good FG position again.

Terrible call on 4th and 10.

If they hit the FG then they only need 3 on that 2nd to last drive and could have been up 9-7 with Rodgers needing to make that last 2 min drive to win.

I was never a fan of Trubisky and pretty much thought he was/is going to be the Sanchez to my 2009-2011 Jets team.  Good enough to win some games when you have the #1 DEF like we did but bad enough to consistently fall short when you need him.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

Lots of folks saying Bears should have taken Mahomes, and while I agree he's much better than Mitch, he also had a full year basically to sit and learn, and also plays under a head coach who knows how to draw up plays. Lots of times I watched the play unfold and it felt like absolutely poor play design from Nagy.

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Lots of folks saying Bears should have taken Mahomes, and while I agree he's much better than Mitch, he also had a full year basically to sit and learn, and also plays under a head coach who knows how to draw up plays. Lots of times I watched the play unfold and it felt like absolutely poor play design from Nagy.

I thought so as well, which was especially odd given how good he was last year. I think he got too cute a lot of times; again, that 3rd and 1 play call was hot garbage. Lots of long developing pass plays, he didn't move the pocket, no combo routes (from what I could tell from broadcast angle at least). He was relying on his receivers to win one-on-one and they just flat out weren't. 

Nagy didn't coach well, but big kudos to Green Bay's secondary. They won them that game. After years of trying to put it together, Green Bay may finally have a good secondary. Amos, Savage, and Alexander all look like young cornerstones.

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

It's more than being able to sit and learn.  Mahomes is simply better.  He has one of the best arms we've seen in a long time.  There are some quarterbacks that are a product of their surroundings but Mahomes is not one of those guys.  Even though Mahomes has a great coach, and great cast, he's supremely talented.

Half the league should be kicking themselves over missing out on Mahomes. 9 teams could have flat out picked him, a handful of others were in range of reasonably trading up for him. There were some rumblings that the Giants were interested in him but they were picking 23rd. Hindsight is 20/20.

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I don't even think it has to be Mahomes. It could have been Watson and it would be better than what we saw yesterday, and Watson was basically a starter from his rookie season.

A buddy of mine broke it down like so:

- Deshaun Watson was the Hakeem Olaijuwon of that class; Well known right out of college, incredibly productive, a "sure thing" kind of pick. Sure, you could nitpick his game. But it was exactly that, nitpicking.

- Pat Mahomes was the Michael Jordan of this class; The high upside kid with incredible physical tools at his disposal, but also has a special knack for doing some amazing things out there, highlight moments on the biggest stage.

Trubisky COULD be a Charles Barkley or John Stockton. The talent is there. But, with the rapid maturation of the other two, he's got to start showing something NOW... or he's the Sam Bowie of the group.