Nex_Gen

Who wins?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Packers
    • Bears
    • TNF Is Cursed: Patriots & Steelers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2019 at 12:00 AM

I rewatched all of Trubisky's throws. Jesus he could have had 3 or 4 interceptions. It was really bad.

Pack should have put up at least 2 more FG, but called a lot of slow developing pass plays and asked their OL to pass protect for 5-6 seconds. Some poor play calls, but I guess it didn't matter.

People are cutting him slack, but if the bears miss the playoffs and finish like 6-10, I guarantee their FO is going to do something. The windows of great defenses are typically 3-4 years max. This is already year 2.

2 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Still trying to figure out wtf Nagy was thinking last night. That was by far his worst game as a HC. 

Agreed it was very bad with a lot of questionable play calls.

Hope that his head is not too big after that Coach of the Year award last season.  I am chalking it up to rust.  He will adjust.

Edited by topwop1

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

Both O-lines got completely dominated, either you believe they are bad O-lines (and there's ample evidence they aren't) or your argument falls through.

Agreed.  It was a combination of bad offense and good defense (both can happen.)  Neither offense played much in the preseason so they were still working out their timing,, and both defenses were winning the LOS consistently which messes up your timing.

• Like 3

The guards for both teams got dominated, but Green Bays' tackles held up. Bulaga had a monster game and Bak was Bak, minus the one play he got dominated by Leonard Floyd. I don't know if Bak has ever got dunked on that hard. That was super impressive by Floyd.

For Chicago, Leno struggled. Didn't watch enough of Massie to comment.The mid-game switch for Whitehair and Daniels was super strange. All I hear from former NFL OL is how hard it is to play different positions along the line year to year. Switching mid-game is super tough, especially guard to center and vice-versa. From what I recall, that changed OL configuration didn't help either; they got mostly the same results. 

I expected Chicago to win this game because it generally takes around half a season for a new offense to hit its stride. I was right on that front, but what I didn't anticipate was Chicago, returning almost all their starters in the 2nd year of an offense, to struggle as much as they did. Everything kind of went wrong for them- play calling, execution, and preparation were all lacking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

. I don't know if Bak has ever got dunked on that hard. That was super impressive by Floyd.

Bakh's worst matchup is long-armed guys who can convert speed to power, but those guys are rare.  I half suspect the reason the Packers took Gary is so their left tackle never had to block him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Is that meme true where a guy is wide open in front of trubisky and he didnt see him?

People are editing images for purposes of humor.  He does not have adequate downfield vision for an NFL QB, but it's not that bad.

There were a few times last night when Allen Robinsion was just playing air guitar back there and the QB never saw him though.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

People are cutting him slack, but if the bears miss the playoffs and finish like 6-10, I guarantee their FO is going to do something. The windows of great defenses are typically 3-4 years max. This is already year 2.

There really isn't much they can do.  They traded their FRP and 3rd round picks as part of the Khalil Mack trade, so they're left with 2 SRPs this year.  And FA doesn't offer much fruit either.  The FA class is highlighted by guys like Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, and Teddy Bridgwater, so unless they somehow manage to get the Chargers to not franchise Philip Rivers, Trubisky might be the best QB by default.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There really isn't much they can do.  They traded their FRP and 3rd round picks as part of the Khalil Mack trade, so they're left with 2 SRPs this year.  And FA doesn't offer much fruit either.  The FA class is highlighted by guys like Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, and Teddy Bridgwater, so unless they somehow manage to get the Chargers to not franchise Philip Rivers, Trubisky might be the best QB by default.

Yep. It's not the best spot to be in, but you only make the Khalil Mack trade if you're satisfied with your qb position.

On another note... Zadarius Smith looked borderline elite yesterday. Yeesh. 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yep. It's not the best spot to be in, but you only make the Khalil Mack trade if you're satisfied with your qb position.

On another note... Zadarius Smith looked borderline elite yesterday. Yeesh. 

Z is clearly an ascending player.  The numbers got better as the more seasons he played.  Plus, the Packers hired Milt Hendrickson from the Ravens, so they have insight into him.  Not sure he's as good as last night.  Bears' OL was getting overrated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Z is clearly an ascending player.  The numbers got better as the more seasons he played.  Plus, the Packers hired Milt Hendrickson from the Ravens, so they have insight into him.  Not sure he's as good as last night.  Bears' OL was getting overrated.

I'm aware of this, but he was very disruptive.

I've been pretty outspoken about my criticism of TT in the past, but I really liked Gutenkunst's aggressive revamp of the Pack's d and I spoke about it through the offseason. Even Gary, a controversial player, I felt was a good pick considering the scheme fit.