Nex_Gen

Who wins?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Packers
    • Bears
    • TNF Is Cursed: Patriots & Steelers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2019 at 12:00 AM

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There really isn't much they can do.  They traded their FRP and 3rd round picks as part of the Khalil Mack trade, so they're left with 2 SRPs this year.  And FA doesn't offer much fruit either.  The FA class is highlighted by guys like Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, and Teddy Bridgwater, so unless they somehow manage to get the Chargers to not franchise Philip Rivers, Trubisky might be the best QB by default.

It's conceivable they might resolve themselves to not go the Blake Bortles route with Trubisky (i.e. keeping him around well after it's clear he's not the guy), and start spending day 2 picks on quality prospects with flaws and hoping one of them turns into Russell Wilson or Drew Brees.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

On 9/3/2019 at 10:09 PM, Nex_Gen said:

Finally took a thorough look at the Packers' roster, and I didn't realize how bad it was from top to bottom. The offensive line is decent, but that will be a flush against the Bears' defensive front. The only worthy players are Rodgers, Adams and Aaron Jones. The entire defense is going through a rebuild. They have a chance to finish last in the NFC North this year. 

I see the Bears running away with this one honestly ..

looks like that defense rebuilt quickly!

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There really isn't much they can do.  They traded their FRP and 3rd round picks as part of the Khalil Mack trade, so they're left with 2 SRPs this year.  And FA doesn't offer much fruit either.  The FA class is highlighted by guys like Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, and Teddy Bridgwater, so unless they somehow manage to get the Chargers to not franchise Philip Rivers, Trubisky might be the best QB by default.

Chargers won't be tagging Rivers, the deal will be done before the start of free agency.  And Rivers, flatly, isn't leaving Southern California.  Dude's gone so far as to commute from northern San Diego County to LA on a daily basis in order to keep from uprooting his family.  At this point it's either extend or retire.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

looks like that defense rebuilt quickly!

We'll get a more appropriate opportunity to get evidence as to whether that's true or not when they play the Vikings (or, as much as this feels dirty to say, Flacco and the Broncos).  I wouldn't be planting my flag and proclaiming "rebuilt" off of holding Trubisky (especially the way he played last night) to 3 points.

• Like 1

Just now, The LBC said:

We'll get a more appropriate opportunity to get evidence as to whether that's true or not when they play the Vikings (or, as much as this feels dirty to say, Flacco and the Broncos).  I wouldn't be planting my flag and proclaiming "rebuilt" off of holding Trubisky (especially the way he played last night) to 3 points.

I don't know why folks would be surprised that this is a top unit this year. They added a LOT of talent. I wouldn't have guessed 3 points as a likely debut, but it's been pretty clear to me this unit has a number of really good players on all levels.

10 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Well, the Bears do have a top 10 (or at least "above average" or "not the problem with the offense") OL, and the Green Bay front was consistently winning the battle at the Line of Scrimmage.  I assume that sort of thing is liable to carry over versus the 20 or so teams with worse offensive lines.

I mean, the Packers are similarly stocked on the OL and we know the Bears front is good because they were winning all night last night.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't know why folks would be surprised that this is a top unit this year. They added a LOT of talent. I wouldn't have guessed 3 points as a likely debut, but it's been pretty clear to me this unit has a number of really good players on all levels.

That secondary is legit, as is the LB corps, and the DL has enough talent to supplement. I didn't get to see in person how good Kenny Clark is until last night. That GB defense is a very good unit. There was definitely some incompetency from the Bears end, but you need both a good defense and incompetent offense to hold a team to 3 points.

• Like 1