2019 Bold Predictions

TitanSlim

There will be no repeat division champions in the NFC. 

The Dolphins somehow manage to not lock down the #1 overall pick.

Nick Foles wins more games than Carson Wentz and has a better season statistically. 

A team who finished last in their division last season will represent their conference in the CCG. 

Those are my bolds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

And I think people over analyze these games.

How am I over analyzing anything?

It's not overanalyzing to think:

"A team with Russell Wilson as it's QB and Pete Carroll as it's HC has a good chance to beat the Browns."

"The Browns might struggle on the road completely across the country against a team like the 49ers."

"Denver has a really tough defense and going into Denver to play at altitude is going to be tough for them"

"Baltimore is a tough team with a tough defense and a young QB with some potential. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop one of those games"

"The Patriots are the gold standard of the NFL, Browns are unlikely to go in there and beat them in their own house."

"The Steelers are one of the best and most consistent teams in the NFL. Pretty good chance the Browns drop one or both games to them."

"The Rams are defending NFC Champs and still have a loaded roster and a great HC, they could very easily lose this game"

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 5

My favorite part every year of the Bold prediction thread is fans of a team that is being talked about negatively (even though the "take" is considered bold) still find a way to get defensive and overrun the thread.

On topic:

New England finishes 4th in the AFC but still wins the East by 2 games.

Cole Beasley has 80+ catches

Every home NFC team wins in week 1, 9 and 12.

• Like 2

Jags win the AFC South, but lose to the Jets in the wildcard. Pats lose at the Ravens in the divisional round.

Chargers, Broncos and Browns all have the same record...but they all don’t make the playoffs.

Giants are in the playoff hunt at Thanksgiving and lead the NFC East after 5 games. (fade at the end)

AB debuts a red beard, ditching the blonde mustache, and declares himself a dread pirate.

6 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

Absolutely. Vance Joseph was a joke. 

That Denver defense with Chubb and Miller rushing the passer and Vic Fangio as the architect will be spooky. And this is coming from someone who HATES the Broncos.

I'm not really a big 49ers advocate either, I expect them to go 7-9/8-8. But I don't think the Browns are above dropping a road game completely across the country to a team like that. 

lol

The Colts had a promising season going before Andrew Luck's retirement.  Because of this, the Colts decide not to give up on the season by playing their #2 QB.  Instead, they put a call out to TIM TEBOW to come out of baseball and attempt to rescue their season.  He does just that, leading them to a 13-3 record in the regular season and all the way to a Super Bowl win. 

Hey, you wanted a BOLD prediction.  It could happen.  :)

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

By the end of the season people will start to say Rams TE Gerald Everett is starting to look like Jordan Reed in the McVay system AND rookie RB Darrell Henderson has that Alvin Kamara feel to him in the system as well. I think Everett will break out this season and the Rams drafted Henderson NOT to be insurance for Gurley but to be another weapon for defenses to have to deal with no just in the running game but the passing game as well. When teams play that cover defense with that single high safety over the top. When they leave wide open space for the running back underneath, Goff is going to start checking that ball down to Henderson who is a big play waiting to happen based on what he did in college. He is going to shred defenses. He already made Jaylen Smith look bad on a wheel route in the preseason. Thats with a Bortles throwing him the ball. I can only imagine what he will look like with Goff throwing him the ball with Cooks, Kupp, and Woods out there too.