2019 Bold Predictions

TitanSlim

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

You could see them losing to a team in Denver they just beat last year with a weaker team? 49ers are the Jimmy G hype train.

I think it’s people overthinking.

Absolutely. Vance Joseph was a joke. 

That Denver defense with Chubb and Miller rushing the passer and Vic Fangio as the architect will be spooky. And this is coming from someone who HATES the Broncos.

I'm not really a big 49ers advocate either, I expect them to go 7-9/8-8. But I don't think the Browns are above dropping a road game completely across the country to a team like that. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You could see them losing to a team in Denver they just beat last year with a weaker team? 49ers are the Jimmy G hype train.

I think it’s people overthinking.

Never easy to win on the west coast ... I think the Broncos are going to be better, especially with a much better coaching staff and winning in Denver is never easy.

Against the 49ers, if Jimmy stays healthy and he's good, the 49ers could score a lot of points against a lot of teams ... It's another game on the west coast for the Browns too.

58 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Is Wentz even a good candidate for that he played a good chunk of the year.

I wasn't sure myself so I checked a couple of websites that had odds before posting. He was listed on both, although not the favorite. Most sites (just checked again) favor Jimmy G or Bell.

Edited by kingseanjohn

4 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I wasn't sure myself so I checked a couple of websites that had odds before posting. He was listed on both, although not the favorite. Most sites (just checked again) favor Jimmy G or Bell.

Bell does not deserve to be considered for the comeback player of the year ... It was him who decided to notplay football last year and it was not a situation like Andrew Luck this year!

Bell do not deserve to have one of the best odds for that ... Player who had injuries, especially early in the season last season as Earl Thomas or Jimmy are more likely to win.

28 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You could see them losing to a team in Denver they just beat last year with a weaker team?

No team (including the Broncos) is static.  Broncos turned over their staff from last year, as did the Browns to some extent.  What happened last year is largely irrelevant, except for whatever goes on between the ears of players who were involved previously and carry any meaningful memories.  But i don't think it'd be fair to say that one win in Denver has the Browns in the Broncos heads.  So we'll just have to see.

I think @Bolts223 was just trying to say it's not a given.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

No team (including the Broncos) is static.  Broncos turned over their staff from last year, as did the Browns to some extent.  What happened last year is largely irrelevant, except for whatever goes on between the ears of players who were involved previously and carry any meaningful memories.  But i don't think it'd be fair to say that one win in Denver has the Browns in the Broncos heads.  So we'll just have to see.

I think @Bolts223 was just trying to say it's not a given.

And I think people over analyze these games.

39 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

I do not think the Bengals are a good matchup against the Browns.The Bengals O-line is a weakness, I do not trust Dalton and I do not know what level their defense will be this year after being awful last year.

If they are better at this side of the ball and their O-line is not too bad, they might be more competitive, but right now it's a question mark.

36 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

I think they'll win 5-7 games but that offensive line could be a real problem.

That's fair.  The line is a problem.  I think the defense will be better, but not great.  They were pretty historically bad last year, and made practically no changes at LB (a huge weakness).  On the plus side, they're returning about 50 defensive linemen from season ending injuries last year, and it looks like a position of strength again.  So the rush should be much better.

Also optimistically, i'm a little excited to see what Dalton and this team look like with a modern NFL offense.  More pre-snap motion, more stacks, more playaction, etc.  All the staples of a good NFL offense are finally coming to Cincinnati.  And the offense, up until Green and Dalton were hurt last year, was good - even with that bad offensive line.  So maybe they can do a little damage again.  We'll just have to see.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Marquez Valdes-Scantling will be a household name by season's end.

I remember liking him as a prospect.  Wouldn't be surprised if he has a big year.

For my bold prediction, I'm gonna say Jeffery Simmons plays 8 games.  Dude is rehabbing fast.

19 minutes ago, theJ said:

I wasn't even analyzing it, tbh.  There's nothing to analyze until we see both teams play a meaningful game.  Until then, it's a toss-up.

Any given Sunday means all games are toss ups but if there was a line the Browns would be favored as of today even on the road. So to predict the Broncos beating the Browns as of today is predicting an upset.

Which of itself isn't bold. The Browns would probably be favored to win in 11 games so to predict less than 8 wins which means at least 4 upsets if they lose all of the games they will be underdogs in is a fairly bold prediction.

This all changes as the season goes on though, by week 5 the Browns may not be favored in some of the games that they currently are or may be favored against a team that right now they probably wouldn't be. The Bengals could be 13-0 when the Browns face them the first time so no way the Browns would be favored in that game. Unless they were also 13-0. That would be fun.