Great Expectations - What does your team need to accomplish to make you happy?

Webmaster

Mostly just echoing what the other Titans fans have said. First and foremost, make the playoffs. All I want is to see meaningful January football. Last made the playoffs in 2008 and last won a playoff game in 2002. It'd be nice to snap both of those streaks.

Beyond that, beat the Colts. At least once. I barely remember what it's like to see a win against Indy. Hopefully go at least 3-3 in the AFC South, ideally have a winning record in the division.

And yeah, Mariota finishing the year would be nice.

22 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Stay healthy

Have better TO luck

Play all 60 mins

If those three things happen the record should reflect that and I would be very happy and consider the season a success. 

Agreed.

If these three things happen they should win 10 games. 

Browns- Have Kizer finally be the answer on the way to a respectable 8-8 season. All young players like Peppers, Njoku, Garrett, Schobert, Ogunjobi, Coleman show progress that they are the core for years to come. I dont want to have to go into next season having to replace former high round draft picks with more high round draft picks because they keep getting injured or look completely inept.

Broncos- Have Siemian take a step in his career progression and look like he is 'the guy'. Get into the playoffs as a wild card and create more noise with ruthless defensive play similar to when they won the SuperBowl in 2015 as underdogs in every game. Make one more serious run before more guys on the defense get pieced out for younger talent. (Talib cut for Roby is next year just like Ward cut for Simmons this year).

On 9/6/2017 at 9:51 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Show improvement in the offense. The division is improving, so bringing out an elite defense with close to no offense isn't going to get the job done anymore. Savage/Watson has to run this offense very well, or we're getting passed by our rivals.

I'll add to this:

Beat an elite team. New England, Pittsburgh, Seattle - just walk away with a W. Don't even care if it's on a fluke play we argue about for weeks (Fail Mary, Dez dropped it, etc). 

Beat ONE.

I know I"m in the minority on my take on this topic, but honestly, if we keep winning more games than we lose, I'm pretty happy.

Obviously my hope is that we can win a playoff game or two, win the division again. But that doesn't mean I'd be unhappy with an 11 win season or something because we bow out in round 1.

I'd love to make the playoffs but I just don't see it happening. More realistically, I want to see major improvement out of Goff and show he's worth where he's drafted. If he does that and the Rams can at least be competitive and get 6-8 wins I can't be too mad.

Fire Fox in the offseason and get an offensive mind to develop Trubisky. The Bears traded the farm for Jay then surrounded him with a cast lead by the likes of Hester, and rotated OCs repeatedly. By the time we had a good skill position group, Jay was a ruined product. 

While the cost for Trubisky was minimal (regardless of people overreacting to trading up one spot) but I'd rather not see another talent squandered.

This year I'd like to see Trubisky get experience, some of the young players step up to solidify their position as starters. Bullard, Jackson, Callahan.LeBlanc, etc. If White could stay healthy and produce I'd be giddy.

Archived