2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

38 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Man do you think so???

my cousin said the same thing 

besides Brady and Bridgewater I think it’s a pretty basic year for FA

Maybe AJ Green moves but that’d really be it

Qbs

Brady, jamies, phillip rivers, dak, and cam newton in the block, possibly foles, a few yeams have to shed cap. 

Aj green, amamri cooper hit fa

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Qbs

Brady, jamies, phillip rivers, dak, and cam newton in the block, possibly foles, a few yeams have to shed cap. 

Aj green, amamri cooper hit fa

Amari is 100% not hitting FA, nor is Dak. Brady probably isn't leaving NE for at least one more year. They have no successor in place. Cam has been up and down but would probably be the biggest to go. AJ Green is getting older and has been injured. Rivers may be heck for one more year, but he's heading toward 40. This year is pretty lackluster, it appears.

25 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The team I’m looking at to make a LOT of offseason craziness is the Carolina Panthers. They’re about to blow things up. Redskins and Falcons are kinda in the same boat.

What surprise cuts do you see on either team? Not really seeing much to blow up on the Falcons. All they have is QB and receivers and they are staying put.

With the Panthers, not sure who else would be surprisingly gone other than Cam, now that Kuechly retired. Carolina has been losing players for the past several years and restocking with young guys.

Washington seems more potentially just letting some free agents walk like Scherf if they don't franchise him. Not really seeing much blow-up potential there either (?). 🤔

Edited by NudeTayne

21 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Do we really need a elite OT? I don’t think it’s as important a position as some make it out to be. He think we will be perfectly fine with average OT’s I think there are better picks to be made at pick 10

It is our biggest area of weakness imo. 

In the zbs however we might be able to find guys later 

2 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Do we really need a elite OT? I don’t think it’s as important a position as some make it out to be. He think we will be perfectly fine with average OT’s I think there are better picks to be made at pick 10

Well just look at the two teams in the super bowl. KC as a top5 pick and a top tier FA as LT and RT. SanFran has a 1st rd LT and a top10 RT. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I think you need at least one really solid T.

If you have a guys who can win 1:1 consistently and doesn’t need help, you can get away with an adequate starter on the other side as you can help them with chips from TE’s and backs.

A tackle at 10 is well worth the investment imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Well just look at the two teams in the super bowl. KC as a top5 pick and a top tier FA as LT and RT. SanFran has a 1st rd LT and a top10 RT. 

Green Bay has David Bakhtiari as a Pro Bowl OT and the Titans have arguably the best OL in football (Baltimore is up there too). Essentially, the last 4-8 teams in the NFL Playoffs had/have FANTASTIC OL, especially at the OT positions.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2020 at 2:26 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I hope this doesn’t become Minnesota East like how Dorsey tried to make us Green Bay East. All the cast outs and underachievers. No thanks. Let’s look at a bigger talent pool than just the guys they know. 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Vikings fans think they will cut Riley Reiff.  Wouldn’t want him as our LT, but as our RT? Absolutely.

You draft a LT at 10 and the offensive line is fixed.

Lol love these as back-to-back posts.

• Like 2