4. Released Nathan Peterman
    (Saved: $2,133,000)
  5. Released Derek Carrier
    (Saved: $1,850,000)
  6. Released DeShone Kizer
    (Saved: $1,139,784)
  7. Released Zay Jones
    (Saved: $1,389,522)

Any of these could be cut or traded without much drop off in talent.  This gives us $22+ million.  After the draft there might not be a need or room for any of them.  Only one I really want to hold onto would be Jackson but if we get a good return on a trade and/or cap space I would do it.  Still can not believe we brought back Harris for more than what Joseph got.  I like Harris because he plays with heart but we do not need to spend $3+ million on our 4th safety.

Those cuts only save 15.867M.  You don’t just add up the salaries, you need to factor in the replacement players cost.

and I highly doubt we cut Morrow and Harris, Harris especially as he’s a key depth player in the secondary.  

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

He agreed to lower his salary but still got more than he would as a FA. Smart move by Watkins. It's not like there's a better QB to play with either.

Helps when you play with top QB, and win too

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Finally found someone who dislikes Amari as much as @Frankie2Gunz

LOL He's right though.  We fleeced the Cowgirls and forced them into paying Houdini 20 million per....  Imagine what a terrible signing like that does to the overall roster?

After he called him a turd the talking head shill announcer tried to cut him off but failed.  Hahaha

@BayRaiderWhat are your thoughts on this?  After all Cooper is your boy and an elite top 12 WR in the NFL.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL He's right though.  We fleeced the Cowgirls and forced them into paying Houdini 20 million per....  Imagine what a terrible signing like that does to the overall roster?

After he called him a turd the talking head shill announcer tried to cut him off but failed.  Hahaha

@BayRaiderWhat are your thoughts on this?  After all Cooper is your boy and an elite top 12 WR in the NFL.  

Ive never cared much for cooper. He never showed up against good CBs with the raiders. that was one of the best trades the raiders ever pulled off. To ship him away for a 1st a couple years before he wants a contract like that...no way would I have wanted to keep him. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheMadStork said:

Ive never cared much for cooper. He never showed up against good CBs with the raiders. that was one of the best trades the raiders ever pulled off. To ship him away for a 1st a couple years before he wants a contract like that...no way would I have wanted to keep him. 

I said that day one and was nearly crucified on this site.  I rarely agree with the talking head shills on TV and never understood the unwarranted hype with Cooper.  You would think he is a dominant WR like Jerry Rice the way the media pumps him up.  The film doesn't lie and Cooper is as soft as they come and when facing top talent he is irrelevant.  20 million of a #2 WR is laughable but he is the Cowgirls problem now and I couldn't be more pleased that we received a 1st rounder for him and were able to spread that 20 million around to improve our depth.  

Is anyone wanting to get rid of Gabe Jackson? As much as I’ve always liked him, I thought Reggie got way carried away with this contract. 

It’s hard to justify paying a very good guard 10 million. That’s when you draft another 3rd rounder like he was and let some other team invest top dollar on a guard. 

10 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Is anyone wanting to get rid of Gabe Jackson? As much as I’ve always liked him, I thought Reggie got way carried away with this contract. 

It’s hard to justify paying a very good guard 10 million. That’s when you draft another 3rd rounder like he was and let some other team invest top dollar on a guard. 

Had he played at a Pro Bowl level last year I'd be down with keeping him at his current price. I think he has trade value and with our depth I'd be down with getting that cap space back for other 'cheap' FA's. Even if he's not traded, I want a IOL between 3rd and 5th round picks. If offered a 3rd he's gone ASAP but having him on draft day we might be able to package him on moves in either direction so I wouldn't mind waiting. He's good and I think just playing hurt and his price is good for a G hungry team but our bellies are full and need to think about getting some young guys in there to replace the older ones in a few years. Cable did well with the guys we've got when Gabe was out so continuity on the line is pretty solid. If we got a G/C in 3rd and a G/T fell to the 5th I'd be down with double dipping OL but it really depends who else is on the board...

Edited by G

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I said that day one and was nearly crucified on this site.  I rarely agree with the talking head shills on TV and never understood the unwarranted hype with Cooper.  You would think he is a dominant WR like Jerry Rice the way the media pumps him up.  The film doesn't lie and Cooper is as soft as they come and when facing top talent he is irrelevant.  20 million of a #2 WR is laughable but he is the Cowgirls problem now and I couldn't be more pleased that we received a 1st rounder for him and were able to spread that 20 million around to improve our depth.  

There’s only a few NFL WRs who deserve that type of money:

1 .Julio Jones

2. DeAndre Hopkins

3. Michael Thomas 

thats all. Cooper couldn’t hold their lunch pails.

Yes, it sucks..Raiders have sucked so bad for so many years that the fans sometimes get deranged..like a hoarder who never wants to let anything decent go...Reggie McKenzie, Cooper, L.Houston...Wisnewski 2.0, Hayden (took like 5 years for people to realize he was sorry), Zach Miller,  Run DMC, Veldheer..etc.

I’ve really liked the moves that Mayock has made so far, especially this year. It seems the Nevada tax laws have helped us bring in FA’s. I don’t think he get most these guys if we were in Oakland..just wish we could have kept the name OAKLAND RAIIIDEEERRS...like the NY teams that don’t play in NY..it hurts me every time I see Las Vegas Raiders on this site. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Brandon Schreff 15mil
Zach Martin 15mil
Joe Thuney 15mil
Andrew Norwell 14.5mil
David DeCastro 13.5mil
Larry Warford 13mil
Kevin Zeitler 12.5mil
Rodger Saffold 12.5mil
Ali Marpet 11mil
Justin Pugh 10.5mil
Gabe Jackson 9.5mil
Shaq Mason 9.5mil
Joel Bitonio 9mil
LDT on KC 9mil
Billy Turner 9mil

Ehhh It's close I think he is in the right range. It's his health that makes it questionable to me. I don't know if there is bad blood or anything like that, but if KO is healthy since getting that "non-approved" surgery that the Jets cut him for and he is healthy I wouldn't mind KO returning, trading  Gabe and using the compensation from Gabe to draft a guard. That's a lot of ifs on the KO side though, and generally I'd rather just keep Gabe. I still want to draft a guard though to groom to replace Richie and if Richie randomly lasts for an eternity than replacing Gabe is an option too.

17 minutes ago, G said:

Had he played at a Pro Bowl level last year I'd be down with keeping him at his current price. I think he has trade value and with our depth I'd be down with getting that cap space back for other 'cheap' FA's. Even if he's not traded, I want a IOL between 3rd and 5th round picks. If offered a 3rd he's gone ASAP but having him on draft day we might be able to package him on moves in either direction so I wouldn't mind waiting. He's good and I think just playing hurt and his price is good for a G hungry team but our bellies are full and need to think about getting some young guys in there to replace the older ones in a few years. Cable did well with the guys we've got when Gabe was out so continuity on the line is pretty solid. If we got a G/C in 3rd and a G/T fell to the 5th I'd be down with double dipping OL but it really depends who else is on the board...

Yes, I just can’t see a telling wanting to touch that contract of his, and because of that I don’t see us netting any draft pick.

I agree with you about drafting a guard/T if the board presents good value, I’m for it. I wouldn’t be upset with one in the first if a top one fell to one of our spots. 

-Richie incognito is playing on borrowed time

- Hudson is getting older, still expensive, I like him a lot though

- Gabe Jackson is good but very expensive

-Trent Brown is great and deserves his contract. But never bad idea to have a T ready to go when When the play of Trent Brown goes down or K.Miller wants too much money in a couple years. 

Mekhi Becton is a player I’m curious if he can play Guard comfortably, I’d be interested in.