FA 2020

drfrey13

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

We seem very inactive this year.

Mariota, Booker, Agholor, Witten, O'Leary, Young, Kush, Nassib, Collins, Ross, Littleton, Kwit, Amukamara, Randall, Heath. How many FAs do you think we should sign to be active? We have just signed at least 1 FA at every position on O and D.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Mariota, Booker, Agholor, Witten, O'Leary, Young, Kush, Nassib, Collins, Ross, Littleton, Kwit, Amukamara, Randall, Heath. How many FAs do you think we should sign to be active? We have just signed at least 1 FA at every position on O and D.

I guess when you lay it out that seems fair 😁 it just seems quiet compared to years past when we replaced half a side! I was more thinking of after the draft really, especially as we have a couple spots which are still questionable with depth like safety, linebacker, offensive tackle and defensive tackle.

Edited by Darbsk

I really don't see DT and S depth as questionable.

We have multiple guys az either spots with starting experience and to me both units seem to be deep and bakancs. Whether we have quality NFL starting duos there is the question to me.

LB is also pretty solid IMO as a unit on paper. I again have some question marks how good our high priced starting duo will be, but the depth seems to be solid IMO. 

I would love to see Parker off the team, but not sure there is real OT depth out there...a guy J.Peters would want to start...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I guess when you lay it out that seems fair 😁 it just seems quiet compared to years past when we replaced half a side! I was more thinking of after the draft really, especially as we have a couple spots which are still questionable with depth like safety, linebacker, offensive tackle and defensive tackle.

We pretty much did though. Kwit and Littleton are our starting LBs (will be in Nickel most of the time), Collins at DT should start, Nassib will be a heavy rotational DE, Prince likely starts at CB and Randall at FS. That's 5/6 players on D, and I expect Heath to see the field in certain situations too.

3 hours ago, Rolni said:

I really don't see DT and S depth as questionable.

We have multiple guys az either spots with starting experience and to me both units seem to be deep and bakancs. Whether we have quality NFL starting duos there is the question to me.

LB is also pretty solid IMO as a unit on paper. I again have some question marks how good our high priced starting duo will be, but the depth seems to be solid IMO. 

I would love to see Parker off the team, but not sure there is real OT depth out there...a guy J.Peters would want to start...

Parker is still young (24) and is one of the most physically gifted O-linemen in the NFL. That alone will keep him on the team.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We pretty much did though. Kwit and Littleton are our starting LBs (will be in Nickel most of the time), Collins at DT should start, Nassib will be a heavy rotational DE, Prince likely starts at CB and Randall at FS. That's 5/6 players on D, and I expect Heath to see the field in certain situations too.

Well, we replaced half of one starting side of the ball, and in years past we've basically rotated half a complete roster so I was thinking back to that, though of course that is a good thing we're not changing wholesale.

I'd just like to see a couple guys brought in not to start but to compete and give us some depth with decent NFL experience. Guys like Compton, a DT with experience like Jernigan to push Hankins, Hall, Hurst and Collins....... if one gets nicked up who are we playing in rotation, Ross?

Parker is not an elite athlete, has shown precious little improvement and a guy like Beachum would be a better swing tackle undoubtedly. Even if he wants a shot at starting then there are guys out there who we should bring in as competition at least to make Parker earn his spot. We should be expecting a few injuries so it may be prudent to get a couple guys in house now and learning the system that may be able to help in due course IMO. 

I think we're saving what little cap we have to see if there is a season and cuts. Always some good cuts that could help and they usually are cheap this late in the game. Maybe a LB often injured that costs too much to add depth in case we run 4/3 and not 4/2/5

I think it's been a good FA. Got a great back up QB IMO. Two starting LB's and got Littleton cheaper than expected and not a 1 year rental but 3 prime years, so good value. I expected 3-5 mil more per possible. Apple drop was a blessing adding S Randall and CB Amukamara instead. Apple we expected to start but may not have. These two will start the season and that allows the rookies time to get ready. Collins we got on a nice 1 year rental to add competition and help with inside push. Kwit, Nassib I see as the typical pay a bit more for an OK player. Witten, Heath I see as overpaid vets but understand what they bring to a Gruden team. I like the OL depth and Agnolor and Booker are cheap vets. Too many TE's overall but we had success with multiple TE sets so...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Well, we replaced half of one starting side of the ball, and in years past we've basically rotated half a complete roster so I was thinking back to that, though of course that is a good thing we're not changing wholesale.

I think this may partly be due to the fact Mayock and Gruden have added actual talent to the roster over the past couple years. Before we needed an entire new roster every season because we had borderline NFLers starting and had zero depth. Now after a couple good drafts and aggressive free agencies, we no longer need to churn over 30 new players.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I think this may partly be due to the fact Mayock and Gruden have added actual talent to the roster over the past couple years. Before we needed an entire new roster every season because we had borderline NFLers starting and had zero depth. Now after a couple good drafts and aggressive free agencies, we no longer need to churn over 30 new players.

You're quite right, and its a good sign. I feel we do still need to scour the FA market for a few key backups and rotation guys that could be needed. Amukamarah was an excellent signing and we can be very selective now we have a core of young, promising players.

22 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'd just like to see a couple guys brought in not to start but to compete and give us some depth with decent NFL experience. Guys like Compton, a DT with experience like Jernigan to push Hankins, Hall, Hurst and Collins....... if one gets nicked up who are we playing in rotation, Ross?

Parker is not an elite athlete, has shown precious little improvement and a guy like Beachum would be a better swing tackle undoubtedly. Even if he wants a shot at starting then there are guys out there who we should bring in as competition at least to make Parker earn his spot. We should be expecting a few injuries so it may be prudent to get a couple guys in house now and learning the system that may be able to help in due course IMO. 

Spot on....

is Sam Young, whose really RT only and 32yo career backup who couldn’t crack Miami’s ‘18 OL of SF’s ‘19 OL which was devastated at OT, adequate competition to push Parker for a roster spot? I’d say absolutely not.  We need to bring in a player whose capable of making the team as a backup LT.

We have Ferrell/Key + Crosby/Nassib at DE with Hankins/Hall and Collins/Hurst at DT.  We usually carry 9 DLmen, meaning Valoaga, Vickers, Ross, Aruna, and Panasiuk are competing for an active roster spot.  That’s sad.  I think we need Dion Jordan back badly, not to mention need to cut 1-2 of those scrubs in favor of a player who can actually make a team.

Im still not happy with RB, even with Booker.  Idk why we signed him to be honest.  We have Richard and Bowden to be receiving backs and needed a RB who can the football.  Booker is a receiving back for the most part.  

I like Lee more than most and think Morrow and Lee can hold down the 3rd LB “starter” role.  But I think Muse takes Wilber’s job and Wilber was only a STer really.  Who else do we have at LB? Eligwe, Phillips, Usher, J.White?  Weak!!! We need a LB who can make the team.

At safety we have Abram/Heath and Randall/Harris with only Leavitt as depth for camp.  We usually carry 6-7 S’s into camp.  We need a solid 5th safety to compete for a job.

So we’re still lacking a LB, DL, OT, S and possibly a RB to make this team.

• Like 1