FA 2020

drfrey13

10 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Same.  Anyway, I'm sure we threw out an offer that was essentially just a shot in the dark.  We don't have the cap to provide him with anything over the top.  Maybe a two year contract that's loaded for the season after the upcoming one.  Either way, if he were to come in, it would be to start opposite of Crosby.  That would leave Ferrell and Nassib as our backups (two awesome backups IMO).  But I don't see him coming to Vegas.

Money wise I think Gabe is still a pawn but yea kinda full at de lol imagine that

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Same.  Anyway, I'm sure we threw out an offer that was essentially just a shot in the dark.  We don't have the cap to provide him with anything over the top.  Maybe a two year contract that's loaded for the season after the upcoming one.  Either way, if he were to come in, it would be to start opposite of Crosby.  That would leave Ferrell and Nassib as our backups (two awesome backups IMO).  But I don't see him coming to Vegas.

A little confusing this move like a few have said. We seemed to be set at DE and if anything I thought we might look at a DT to bring into the rotation. I like the fact we've not gone crazy with the offer, Clowney is s very good player and whilst his sack numbers dont make you excited he impacts the entire DL. I dont think he's worth that top tier money like the Mack's and Von Miller's but he's in that second tier and I think he could be very valuable as a longer guy on the outside and then sliding inside doing the Dion Jordan role. Personally with what we gave I'd role with Ferrell and Crosby, expect Ferrell to have a good year this year. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Money wise I think Gabe is still a pawn but yea kinda full at de lol imagine that

I was thinking the same.  He's always on the chopping block.  Either that or being brought in to restructure/trade. 

Nothing wrong with throwing a low offer out there. With so much uncertainty it’s not worth using it too much. At one time I was think 15 but 12 now and no promise not to tag him. Lol

A few free agents I wouldn’t mind bringing cheap for camp competition. 
(3-4)

RB: Johnathan Williams, Matt Jones, C.J. Prosise

T: Demar Dotson, Kelvin Beachum

DE: E Griffin, D Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah, Cameron Wake, Michael Bennett, Vinny Curry, Nick Perry 

DT:  Marcell Dareus, Mike Daniels, Snacks Harrison, Adam Gotsis 

LB: Nigel Bradham, Alec Ogletree, Mark Barron, Ray Ray Armstrong, Will Compton, Vontaze, Stephone Anthony, Darren Lee, Clay Matthews
S: Reshad Jones, Curtis Riley, Tavon Wilson, Montae Nicholson, Eric Reid, TJ McDonald, Tony Jefferson, Clayton Geathers, 
Antoine Bethea,Jaleel Addae, Morgan Burnett, Tedric Thompson

Returner: Tavon Austin

high impact players who probably demand a lot of money: 

Clowney, Jason Peters, Cordy Glenn, Markus Golden 

I would keep an eye on: 

WR Josh Gordon @ FS Eric Berry( perfect 3rd safety) 

47 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Vic confirms we've made an offer to Clowney but notes we're a distant 3rd. 

He also said that Gruden really wants him and that we may explore ways to open up more cap space to sign him. Who are some potential cuts we could make to clear up space to sign him? 

It’s funny how the story always goes “Gruden really wants him, Mayock is standing his ground and not willing to up the offer”

Praise Jesus for Mayock.  It’s comical how impulsive Gruden is.... if he was GM our roster would be comprised solely of draft picks who are in some stage of becoming busts, former first round picks who are “reclamation projects”, and Big name FAs who have fallen off but have the name recognition for Gruden to justify paying top dollar for.  Our FA signings would be nothing but Javon Walker deals.

interesting to know we’ve offered Clowney a contract. I think we threw out an offer that we shouldn’t expect him to take because it’s too so low that if he takes its a shocker and can’t lose deal for us.  But Clowney’s all about the money he turned down Cleveland’s 19M offer to try and get $20M.... he could be playing alongside Garrett which would in theory give him a good chance to finally have his best chance at a 10+ sack season and then the payday he’s been seeking next offseason.

I don’t think we believe we need to upgrade at DE.... but if he’ll take 12M why not?

21 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Gabe? Joyner?

Gabe Jackson $9,600,000
Jonathan Hankins $3,500,000
Nicholas Morrow $3,259,000
Erik Harris $3,250,000
Nathan Peterman $2,133,000
David Sharpe $2,133,000
Derek Carrier $1,850,000
Zay Jones $1,389,522

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Releasing Gabe doesn’t save you any money now. That time has passed. 

I do not see any guarantees.  How is it structured for this year?  Can we still make June 1st type cuts and split the cap hit?