Multiple Dolphins Players Request Trades After Loss

DigInBoys

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Vontae Davis had it wrong, the Bills were actually pretty solid the rest of the way. The defense did more than fine without him.

IDK if we'll be saying the same thing about these Dolphins. Think the trading of Tunsil right before the season got everyone to buy out. 

I was thinking the same thing, as a player you'd just have to know that the organisation isn't looking at this year and you'd have to feel expendable and as coaches it kind of undermines the compete at all times philosophy. Must be really hard to motivate those players now and many people must be looking over their shoulders, very similar to what trading Mack did for the Raiders last year. It could create an 'us against them' mentality which bonds the players but it could just as easily all fall apart horribly. 

5 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Scarier thought for the Dolphins Organization: If the Browns' season doesn't go well... what if, humor me for a minute, what if, just hypothetically... what if being historically terrible at football ISN'T the best way to build contender?

I can't think of an example where it's really worked.  The problem is that you're tanking for one player out of 53.  Even if that guy is a QB, his impact is severely limited to the quality of the team around him.  In basketball it's one guy out of 7 or 8.  Baseball is a little different because you don't have the parity of football, so rebuilding is already commonplace.  May as well do it with the best draft picks possible.

I don't think even a game against the Patriots can save them next week.  They might actually get swept by them this year.

Maybe it's a bit of an heated reaction, after just one game into the season, but how much longer will the NFL put up with all this tanking BS?

I doubt everyone is OK with devaluing your product intentionally.

At what point will fans/players/coaches/owners/league start to intervene?